1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF2 w/ 14mm - $420 new!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ksn, Apr 1, 2011.

1. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Hey, at this price I ordered one. I will compare it to my GF1 and sell one of them - but keep the 14/2.5 of course. I wanted a smaller body to carry on walks, etc. and was considering the LX5 but I would rather keep the larger sensor.

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I got excited by the great deal, that I almost bought another camera even though I don't like the idea of a touch screen. I made it all the way to the point where I enter my credit card number. After the tax and shipping was added on, I realized I'd rather put that $450 towards something else. But if you're sitting on the fence and like that camera. Go for it. I actually thought the price was an April Fool's Day joke.

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Thats worth it just for the lens. Too bad my funds are tied up elsewhere.

5. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Buy the camera then you can easily sell the lens and body for $300 each.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    And by the time you pay fees and shipping and account for your time.....there's nothing left.

7. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    i'll walk away with about $100. that amount of money for not much work may not mean much to you, but an extra 100 means something to me.

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I sell a lot on eBay so I have to report all income I receive through Paypal, so make sure you take out another chunk for Uncle Sam and you'll see why (for me) it's not worth it. I certainly could use the extra $100 just as much as the next guy.

9. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    The price seems to have returned to normal.

10. oldskoolboarder

oldskoolboarder Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    Link must be hammered

Not working. :(

11. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    The whole consumer site is down for maintenance, so perhaps it will be there when the site is back up.

12. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    or maybe they realized the mistake.

13. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Critical Updates = Raising Prices? ;)

I checked and my order was still in place earlier when I saw the prices had gone back up before the web site went down. We'll see if I get it.

14. oldskoolboarder

oldskoolboarder Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    Thanks for reminding me about the EPP. I didn't think my company participated but lo and behold, we do.

15. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I received a call from Panasonic today saying the prices on the web page were in error and they could not sell me the GF2 and 14/2.5 lens combo I ordered for the $420 price. :frown:

However they did offer it though for a discounted price of $525.

A very good deal but not the steal I was obviously looking for.

I will ponder it for a day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    That's still a good price, but pretty sloppy marketing and it gives a poor impression of the Panasonic brand. They must have sold a boatload at that incorrect price to be willing to put up with the negative PR this will generate...

17. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I got the same message from them as well. They also offered me one at $525.00 (though I can already purchase one at the price through my employer).

I actually feel like pressing the issue on this one. They took my order at $419. there could be some recourse.

18. eyeguy

eyeguy Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    They cancelled mine and didn't even offer it for a discounted price.

19. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    all websites have disclaimers and typographical errors are usually covered. They claim this is a typographical error and are not bound to honor it.

I'm not sure anyone actually got their cards charged either. Might be wrong. I think you could press the point if they charged your card which means they agreed to accept payment for the item... but again, typographical error clauses would prevail!

20. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I checked and they had not charged anything yet.

I am a little sad but not surprised - I thought it likely to be a typo but was hoping they would honor it.

I suspect life will go on.