GF2 + SLR Magic 35mm 1.4

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by ApGfoo, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ApGfoo

ApGfoo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Bay Area
    Kind of an impromptu video. I received the SLR Magic lens this week and decided to shoot video with it for fun and to see how bad my missed focus shots would be.

After reviewing my footage on the computer, my shots looked pretty good even though it was difficult to create stable movements while maintaining focus hand held. I could have stopped down the aperture to make focusing easier but I wanted to keep it wide open for the shallow depth.

I haven't used the lens much but I think it's harder to focus the stills than the video. With stills, I use that magnify thing to dial in the focus but with video I just eyeball it while recording. I would have an easier time eyeballing it if the GF2 had better lcd resolution. Anyway, I won't worry about that much since I'll eventually get a new body next year or sooner if I'm impatient!

Another thing, I'll be getting an ND filter for this lens. I'll use that for stills and video outdoors. Seems like a must for this lens.

give me constructive feedback! thx

[ame=]Team Silva BJJ Hayward January 2013 - YouTube[/ame]
  2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Pretty good overall but I find the framing a bit too tight.
  3. ApGfoo

ApGfoo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Bay Area
    I agree. Tight shots are good but it should be coupled with a lot more wider shots.

I've been shooting with the 20mm for so long that I didn't realize to move farther away from the subjects while shooting!
  4. redalien

redalien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    I most impressed by your choice for the soundtrack.