GF2 & Raw + lightroom

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bedojo, Mar 25, 2012.

1. bedojo

bedojo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2011
    I have been searching for this alot!
    I can't seem to find any Raw support (besides opening the images) in lightroom.
    No camera calibrations, no lens corrections, non of that.

i just got my camera a few days ago.

any help?

2. greyelm

greyelm Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    As far as I know Lightroom doesn't need any for the G series. i have a GF1 and the raw files are fine in LR without correction.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. vinay

vinay Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2012
    On my Nikon equipment, lightroom will offer lens profiles and camera profiles to automatically correct for distortion, vignetting, etc.. I also noticed that there are no profiles for my panasonic equipment (panasonic isn't even in the "make" dropdown)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    That's because Panasonic RAWs contain lens correction data which is automatically applied by LR.
    Open the RAWs in say C1 or DxO, and you can have a look at what they look uncorrected.

Then there's Adobe Lens Profile Downloader, where a few Panasonic Profiles can be found, and imported into LR/AC, but they are not that spectacular.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 00r101

00r101 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2012
    LR and Panny RAW

I think you need LR 3.6 or better for Lumix m43 RAW files. I tried 3.6 and everything was ducky then bought LR. The version that came was 3.2 and was not happy with my RAW files. Placed my license on 3.6 and everything was good again. LR4 works fine with Lumix