1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF2 - Possible shutter problem - Help needed

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Son_of_Sizemore, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Son_of_Sizemore

Son_of_Sizemore New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2012
    Hello to all. Sadly my first post is about a problem i'm having with my GF2.
    I really hope this is something very simple I've overlooked...any help would be gratefully received.
    I bought the GF2 from a supposedly reputable dealer on ebay a couple of days ago...and aside from his error of putting the wrong lens with the camera (its a 14mm kit, he'd put the 14-42 in the box...its on its way to me now)..all seems cosmetically fine.
    I have a GH2, and just popped my 14-42 on...and then, well, results were not what I'd hoped for...
    Okay, basically, no matter what settings I set the Gf2 to, I get very similar results...no matter what mode its in. Wanting more control I usually have it in Manual, but whatever shutter speed(or aperture, or any of the many combinations of both) I set, the result is a blur, even on very slow movement...its only when I'm stock-still do I get anything approaching a clean shot....and also in regular lighting(even at f22 and 1/4000 the image is still just the same as if I'd had it at 1/50 shutter speed, there really is no difference). Even iA fails miserably(I took a photo of some flowers in my garden and it was horribly over-exposed).

Of course I don't expect similar results to the GH2, but I do expect something better than a cheap point and shoot...so is it faulty? I checked and it appears I'm on firmware 1.0..but surely it should be okay for basic photography?

I really hope that its a menu option I've missed(and I believe I've tried them all), or something straightforward....any suggestions would be great.

2. Son_of_Sizemore

Jan 10, 2012
    Additional info. I thought that the shutter 'sound' was muted, but figured thats just how it was...then switching it on again, the shutter is making a proper 'click' and shutter speed is having an effect.
    Now the question is, is this an out and out fault, or by some strange chance(and this is unlikely) is it a setting or option?

3. pancake

pancake Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2010
    UK south East
    Gf2 never lets me down its exposure is pretty spot on. Its not stuck in mf for some reason? or not connecting with the lens properly?

4. Son_of_Sizemore

Jan 10, 2012
    Seems to be connected fine...and it actually focuses fine(manual or auto)..so assume its the shutter, I just have to identify whether its a fault or a setting :( .
    but thanks for the reply :)