GF2 May Be Announced this Week!

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
43 Rumors | Home

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hot dog!

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I guess if it's smaller, we can rule out any built in EVF.

Though, I would argue that camera would be a different line, or even what the G line evolves into (i.e., more RF looking).

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Here's a slightly different take via Noisy Cameras from October 29th: Rumor: Panasonic GF2 coming soon? - 1001 Noisy Cameras They bill it as a "soft rumor" - here's a partial quote:
...Speculation: There are a couple of signs that may be pointing towards a late 2010 announcement: Sony and Samsung are more aggressive on pricing and that has left the upper tier M43rds cameras with higher prices (GF1, G2, GH, E-P2) yet slightly smaller sensors. Plus, last weekend there was a "price experiment" on the GF1 with the 20mm pancake lens down to $600. We saw these "price experiments" earlier in the year for the GH1. A GF2 announcement could allow the GF1 price to drop at/below the NEX/NX level....

drpump

Mu-43 Regular
Interestingly, nearly all of my local camera stores (Oz) are out of stock of the GF1. Makes me think there might be something in the wind, although I guess it could just be demand as the Christmas season approaches.

amberzombie

Mu-43 Rookie
Interestingly, nearly all of my local camera stores (Oz) are out of stock of the GF1. Makes me think there might be something in the wind, although I guess it could just be demand as the Christmas season approaches.
yeah i've been searching in Sydney and not on Harvey Norman, Bing Lee nor Myer stock it.

It's ridiculous!

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Could this be it?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

43 Rumors | Home

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
So what do you all want to see as part of this new GF2?
I wanted it to look like the X100 =)

But since that was wishful thinking, I'd like to see manual video controls. Doesn't need to be 1080p, but 720p 60fps would be nice.

On the important stuff, sensor to match the GH2 (not necessarily MP, but better high ISO/dynamic range). Slightly lighter body, while retaining it's metal casing. Updated EVF option. Better battery life given not a lot of people will want to use the LCD. Better in-sun LCD coatings. maybe better button layout.

Really, I just want a better sensor. And further development for an electronic shutter so I can sync beyond 1/160.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
The smaller size is almost problematic since I like macro and telephoto (critter) shooting. (I just picked up a used G1 for those roles in the future).

From the picture the of GF2, the thinner profile with the 14/2.5 and 20/1.7 lenses would make a great walking around kit. If they could make a 10mm pancake it would be a killer.

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
It seems to be just the same camera in a smaller size, with the G2 sensor and Full HD capability…

Nothing wrong with that. I certainly would take an even slimmer GF :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom