1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GF2 in Park City

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by dixeyk, Jun 16, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I was in Park City over the past few days for a conference and I decided to take my GF2 so I could keep my kit small. It was pretty fun to shoot with and even managed to use the LCD in the bright sun (and I'm usually an EVF guy). I enjoyed the heck out of it. I know it's the red headed stepchild of the m43 world but I have zero complaints about the IQ (BTW those are OOC JPEGs below) and I found it fast, easy to handle and an all around joy to use.

Oh, and Ned...it's RED! :eek:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dixeyk/7383747126/" title="Let There Be Light by dixeyk, on Flickr"> 7383747126_15cc40b6de_b. "684" height="1024" alt="Let There Be Light"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dixeyk/7383748196/" title="Weed by dixeyk, on Flickr"> 7383748196_e9460a92ba_b. "684" height="1024" alt="Weed"></a>

2. Nameer

Nameer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2012
    UK
    Great shots Kevin, I have a GF2 also and love using it. The OOC jpegs are great. it's small light and fun to use. I have a silver one. Even though I now have a GX1 I will still be keeping the GF2.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah, it's pretty great. The combination of the GF2 and the P20 or P14 is really tough to beat. When I got back and looked at the images I have to say that i think the JPEGs are every bit as nice as the various Olympos cameras I've had. I tweaked the AWB a bit but I find the color to be very pleasing. It is a noce companion to the GX1. Mine is the small carry around to my GH2.

About the only thing I don't care for (and it's not really a flaw) is that I don't much like using the P14-45 with it. It kind of throws the balance off of the small body. it's more fun with a small prime on it. When I had the O45 I thought that was a really nice pairing.

4. Nameer

Nameer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2012
    UK
    I agree with it being paired with smaller lenses. P14 and P20 work very well. I recently got the oly 9-18mm which looks great on the GF2, nice small combination. Please can you let me know the AWB tweak you use so I can also try it. Thanks.