GF2 in Park City

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by dixeyk, Jun 16, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I was in Park City over the past few days for a conference and I decided to take my GF2 so I could keep my kit small. It was pretty fun to shoot with and even managed to use the LCD in the bright sun (and I'm usually an EVF guy). I enjoyed the heck out of it. I know it's the red headed stepchild of the m43 world but I have zero complaints about the IQ (BTW those are OOC JPEGs below) and I found it fast, easy to handle and an all around joy to use.

Oh, and Ned...it's RED! :eek:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dixeyk/7383747126/" title="Let There Be Light by dixeyk, on Flickr"> 7383747126_15cc40b6de_b.jpg "684" height="1024" alt="Let There Be Light"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dixeyk/7383748196/" title="Weed by dixeyk, on Flickr"> 7383748196_e9460a92ba_b.jpg "684" height="1024" alt="Weed"></a>

2. Nameer

Nameer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2012
    UK
    Great shots Kevin, I have a GF2 also and love using it. The OOC jpegs are great. it's small light and fun to use. I have a silver one. Even though I now have a GX1 I will still be keeping the GF2.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah, it's pretty great. The combination of the GF2 and the P20 or P14 is really tough to beat. When I got back and looked at the images I have to say that i think the JPEGs are every bit as nice as the various Olympos cameras I've had. I tweaked the AWB a bit but I find the color to be very pleasing. It is a noce companion to the GX1. Mine is the small carry around to my GH2.

About the only thing I don't care for (and it's not really a flaw) is that I don't much like using the P14-45 with it. It kind of throws the balance off of the small body. it's more fun with a small prime on it. When I had the O45 I thought that was a really nice pairing.

4. Nameer

Nameer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2012
    UK
    I agree with it being paired with smaller lenses. P14 and P20 work very well. I recently got the oly 9-18mm which looks great on the GF2, nice small combination. Please can you let me know the AWB tweak you use so I can also try it. Thanks.