gf2/gf3 timelapse

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by yaboo, Nov 4, 2012.

1. yaboo

yaboo New to Mu-43

Nov 4, 2012
    Hi All

New to the m43 world. I recently purchased a gf2 and gf3, secondhand of ebay with a few lenses.

I would like to be able to do some timelapses. Can anyone point me in the right direction on these two units.

Joseph

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Hi Joseph

I've been happily shooting with GF3 for about 8 months, no doubt they are lovely cameras and I like the concept of design. But as far as timelapse is concerned it's not recommended to choose either one between these two, simply because they don't feature timelapse shooting or remote shutter control to achieve that.

3. yaboo

yaboo New to Mu-43

Nov 4, 2012
    jyc860923 thanks for the reply, what would you recommend.

4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I don't know which one features timelapse, sorry for that.

5. Dc5e

Dc5e Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2012
    Since the GF2 and GF3 don't have the ability to use a remote shutter, the only way to do a timelapse is to build something that will push the shutter button.

One simple method (but you can't control the intervals) is to just set the cameras to continuous shooting and then use some rubber bands and a small object to hold the shutter down.

The other method would be to use the hot shoe (in the GF2) or tripod socket as a mounting point to build a contraption that would hit the shutter button.

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Any Canon camera that can run CHDK can do time lapse. Even $100 P&S Canons.

7. jstancil

jstancil New to Mu-43

Jan 4, 2012
    Kansas
    I have a GF2 and was wishing for the same thing. Is there no chance of the hack eventually adding time lapse function? Love the camera other then this one omission, wish I would have kept my Canon G11 around...