1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

gf2 and/or gf3 preflash

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by FredUK, Jun 2, 2012.

1. FredUK

FredUK Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2012
    Can the preflash be disabled on the gf2 and/or gf3?
    On my epl1 I can use one of the reduced flash power settings (1/4power 1/2power etc) to disable the preflash but from what I can tell from reading their user manuals the gf cameras don't seem to have this option.
    The reason I ask is because preflash makes people blink so I always end up with lots of photos of people with their eyes closed when I use automatic flash modes.

2. FredUK

FredUK Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2012
    Please, does anyone know if the GF2 and GF3 have a preflash? When the red eye reduction feature is disabled do the cameras fire a quick flash before the photo is taken?

3. garfield_cz

garfield_cz Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Pavel
    GF2 is always pre-flashing as well as G3. It is disabled only if manual external flash is attached.

4. FredUK

FredUK Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2012
    Thank you garfield_cz :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.