GF1 with lens will price drop when GF2 arrives?

m43baby

Mu-43 Regular
On Amazon GF1 with kit lens is $797. On Abe's it's $649. GF2 will be $599 with kit lens on B+H. Will the prices on GF1 drop below $599 when GF2 comes out?

mzd

Mu-43 Veteran
hard to say. amazon's pricing has been up and down since late november. i picked mine up right before thanksgiving for $599. it very briefly dropped to $579, but was at $599 for most of december. then it shot back up to near list prices. it seems stock is running very low at most places. but, if there are any left in stock in february, then it is reasonable to assume a price drop again.

ZephyrZ33

Mu-43 Top Veteran
hard to say. amazon's pricing has been up and down since late november. i picked mine up right before thanksgiving for $599. it very briefly dropped to $579, but was at $599 for most of december. then it shot back up to near list prices. it seems stock is running very low at most places. but, if there are any left in stock in february, then it is reasonable to assume a price drop again.
I was shopping for my camera at that time and I do remember the GF1 (w/20mm) being $599 while the EPL1 was at $499 (then $399 for like one day) at one point. That was a tough call between the two considering the Lumix lens I wanted was $320.

The GF1 will ultimately have to drop in price, but I doubt by much. Not too many stores carry the GF1, and the 20mm lens still makes that kit attractive so I'm going to speculate a drop of $520-$550 at the most, at least until vendors decide to slash the GF2's msrp come fall '11.

mick / Lumix

Amateur Photographer magazine in the UK has tested the GF2 and given it a good report. I am looking forward to seeing and holding it, cannot afford it but that will not stop me seeing and holding it !
Panasonic web site has basic instructions to down load but the full book download is not working.

robperks

Mu-43 Regular
Maybe if we are lucky (fixed) they will come out with a GF3 that works like our GF1, but with an improved sensor, Better High ISO performance, full HD video blah blah.

The GF2 does not work much at all for how I use the camera. I love my GF1 and will be keeping an ear to the ground for deals on a backup body.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom