GF1 Viewfinder Extender

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ascherjim, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
  2. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I have something that is similar. It works quite fine, but it's quite clunky and as a result I rarely use it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    Walt: It undoubtedly IS clunky. But my thoughts (and intentions) are to use it with a tripod when I'm endeavoring to focus on varying planes of distance for processing with the Heilcon Focus stacking software. Anyway, I've ordered it and ... we'll see.

4. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

I think you'll be happy with it then. I generally use mine when manually focusing with legacy glass in bright light. It magnifies the screen which helps my poor old eyes. I have the "Hoodman" version, which is more expensive than the one you ordered and mounts to the camera using cords, not magnets. Hey, out of curiosity, there isn't a problem using magnets around digital cameras, is there?

5. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    If there is (which I doubt), who do I sue? Interesting speculation, though. I mean whether the magnetic factor could be a problem. Again ... we'll see.

6. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Beats me. I doubt there's a problem with it, but the question popped into my mind when I was looking at the product info. Most of the notations looked like they were written in Chinese, so if there was a warning label that said "keep at least six feet away from memory cards", I wasn't able to read it :biggrin:

7. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Korean :tongue:

8. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Oh, I can't read that either :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.