1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF1 Viewfinder Extender

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ascherjim, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
  2. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I have something that is similar. It works quite fine, but it's quite clunky and as a result I rarely use it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    Walt: It undoubtedly IS clunky. But my thoughts (and intentions) are to use it with a tripod when I'm endeavoring to focus on varying planes of distance for processing with the Heilcon Focus stacking software. Anyway, I've ordered it and ... we'll see.

4. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

I think you'll be happy with it then. I generally use mine when manually focusing with legacy glass in bright light. It magnifies the screen which helps my poor old eyes. I have the "Hoodman" version, which is more expensive than the one you ordered and mounts to the camera using cords, not magnets. Hey, out of curiosity, there isn't a problem using magnets around digital cameras, is there?

5. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    If there is (which I doubt), who do I sue? Interesting speculation, though. I mean whether the magnetic factor could be a problem. Again ... we'll see.

6. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Beats me. I doubt there's a problem with it, but the question popped into my mind when I was looking at the product info. Most of the notations looked like they were written in Chinese, so if there was a warning label that said "keep at least six feet away from memory cards", I wasn't able to read it :biggrin:

7. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Korean :tongue:

8. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Oh, I can't read that either :smile: