1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF1 - shutter count; firmware; hidden menus

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by demiro, Feb 20, 2011.

1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    So, has anyone found a way to check shutter count and exact firmware version of a GF1? Instructions on how to access G1/GH1 info is out there, but they require using "film mode" button, which the GF1 does not have.

Any insight would be great -thanks!

2. Set up menu, page 4. "VER.Version Disp. submenu show Body and Lens firmware version.

3. cbrock

cbrock Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    CAUTION FIRST:
    Be very careful not to go into permanent service mode. You'll find your camera in some serious trouble (as in no longer functional)

Found the instructions on DVX forum here

Be safe with your camera and make sure you fully understand the instructions and implications of anything you do when entering these menu systems.

4. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks; I found those instructions after my post here. Unfortunately they don't work. I posted on DVX asking if anyone knew of an alternative method. I'm guessing my camera maybe has newer firmware that makes it unhackable and keeps those menus hidden.

5. cbrock

cbrock Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have the newest firmware on mine and it seems to work for me with my GF1. It took a few tries. Keep at it, I'm sure it works

6. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks. I think more detailed info is available in hidden menu though (it was on GH1).