gf1 not so fun outside

back alley

Mu-43 Regular
it's hard to see the scene on the lcd screen when shooting outside.

today was my first opportunity to play outside with my gf1 and it was a bit frustrating.
it's great inside, though it's gonna take me a bit of practice time to acclimate to no finder but shooting on the street was anything but quick.

hhhmmmm...

steve

Mu-43 Veteran
Get the EVF. It really helps in bright sunlight.

it's hard to see the scene on the lcd screen when shooting outside.

today was my first opportunity to play outside with my gf1 and it was a bit frustrating.
it's great inside, though it's gonna take me a bit of practice time to acclimate to no finder but shooting on the street was anything but quick.

hhhmmmm...

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There is no doubt that bright light can make LCD shooting a challenge - common to most cameras. My experience has been that the GF1 is better than some, but still very frustrating. The EVF is a nice solution, though I added it more because I prefer to shoot with the camera to my eye.

Jake

Mu-43 Regular
I think i will be picking one of these up. Thanks noodlehaus for the link.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
Waht a great find noodlehaus.

Nice to see that this was actually made specifically for the GF1 rather than being a cheap addon.

£16 converted to UK, although found one that is a bit cheaper at £10.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LCD-Sunshade-...raphy_DigitalCamAccess_RL?hash=item5886b0e2ea

Many thanks for this link, have just ordered one, pity they fit into the hotshoe rather than say the tripod screw, never mind might be able to mod things somehow.
Purchase from HK last Sunday arrived yesterday (Saturday) which I thought was excellent service

back alley

Mu-43 Regular
i think i have a g1 which is great and that i will be keeping.

not sure about the hood, seems an inelegant solution.

grum

Mu-43 Regular
I've got a clearviewer which works reasonably well

http://www.clearviewer.com/

Probably would have gone for that hood if I'd have known as it's very cheap. Hopefully they will bring out a better EVF.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie

I have fitted one of these to my GF1 with certain modifications. I have fitted a further old accessory shoe (from an old Mamiya Press camera) on top of the shade where it slots into the Panasonic GF1 hot shoe so that I can continue to use an optical viewfinder and also I have made a small bracket fashioned from some much cut down aluminium angle to hold the bottom of the frame tight to the body since it would try and spring away when flipping open the lid. This clip is trapped by a quick release shoe which is screwed to the camera tripod shoe through a hole drilled in the clip. The upturned edge of the clip can be seen between the Cullman quick release platform and the bottom of the camera.
Permanently in place it provides a screen protector when closed as well as the shading when open and in use, although the almost permanent lack of sunshine in this part of the UK for the several last few days has meant I have been unable to test it's shading action. :frown:

0016.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

0017.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom