GF1 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 via RJ Camera adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by pointoneeight, Feb 19, 2010.

1. pointoneeight

pointoneeight Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    I've been using the RJ Camera's nikon > m4/3 adapter for about 2 weeks now and have really enjoyed using it. So far so good with the adapter, its locking mechanism has a satisfying click when you attach it to the body and the lens to it. I've read a few reports about them either being too stiff or too loose but haven't experienced either yet thankfully.

Eager to try out an adapted lens I picked up a second hand 50mm Nikkor from my local shop (Clock Tower Cameras)

Using the MF assist hasn't been too bad so far, though I've needed the tripod to get sharp focus. Hopefully the EVF should make things easier.

Here's a few pics with the lens.

Masi Track Bike front wheel

Brighton West Pier - Chinese New Year celebrations

• Like Like x 1
  2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    nice shots

advantage of the evf would be you can hold the camera steadier without a tripod.... of course if you had bought an olympus instead you could take advantage of the in body stabilisation :)

keep up the good work

• Like Like x 1
  3. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Those images are really great. I keep seeing images with Nikkor lenses and they look a good match for the GF1 with superb IQ. I'll have to get one now! :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    I just picked up a near mint Nikkor 50/1.4 of of Craigslist... attached to a nice FA body and a SB-24 flash...

All for $50!

Can't wait to get the adapter for this in.

Great photos!