1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GF1 lighting

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by banana101, Feb 4, 2012.

1. banana101

banana101 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    London
    Hello,

this is probably a reaaaally nooby question. I've had my GF1 for quite a while now but I packed it away for a while and didn't really use it as I thought "I have nothing to take photos of and I need to get out more"... anyways, so now I have started using it again but the lighting seems to always be... dim and not bright enough... the images don't seem crisp enough either.

I'm not sure what this is down to... whether I have messed around with the settings a bit too much, whether the only reason images are "bright" is due to post processing later etc etc... often everything just seems too "yellow" even though it's not yellow, especially night shots.

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

2. banana101

banana101 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    London
    OH I should have mentioned, I use the 20mm pancake lens

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Put it in iA mode and see if it looks more normal.

My guess is that the exposure compensation and white balance are still set to your last settings, and not working with the current scene

• Like Like x 1
  4. banana101

banana101 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    London
    Yes it does look pretty normal in automatic, you're right!

5. rustysilo

rustysilo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 26, 2011
    Jacksonville, Florida
    the yellowish color is a result of the white balance. in regards to being "crisp" if you are taking photos in lower light hand-held you may not get the crispness you desire. try upping your iso.

it's always good to post a sample with exif data also when you have questions. :wink: