GF1 - External Viewfinder?

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
Is there any way to have the viewfinder output over USB so that I can grab the images live into Aperture for example or use an iPad as a large viewfinder?

m1pui

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't think so, but the technique you're talking about is called tethered shooting if you wanted to keep on researching yourself.

I did a quick google and there was nothing current or recent that said you can

cbrock

Mu-43 Regular
I looked for it a while ago. Appears the firmware does not support tethered shooting, nor does Panny have any plans of adding that feature to any of their cameras from what I remember reading. Almost any Canon or Nikon digital made over the past few years can. I wanted to set up a photo booth for my wedding with my GF1, but found I couldn't using any automated means. Luckily my step-dad's D80 does it.

dhype55

New to Mu-43
Eye fi and shutter snitch on the iPad

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H84EpXXcG_o&sns=em]YouTube - How To Directly Tether Your Camera To An iPad By Lee Morris[/ame]

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, that is an option, not particular impressed with Shutter Snitch in testing (I have an Eye-Fi Card), but I do use it for sync to Aperture using a Workflow. But it's slow and clunky.

I was after a remote viewfinder more than a remote viewer for images already acquired.

Hopefully the EyE-Fi update due this summer that allows for full connectivity to iPhone/iPad will improve that though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom