GF1 @ Dumnoen Saduak Floating Market

Christan

Mu-43 Rookie
Shot these using Lumix GF1 + 14-45mm + 45-200mm in Dynamic Black and White film mode :D ... YES, I intentionally shot these in B&W ... NO, I did not want to capture the riot of colours ...

Dumnoen Saduak Floating Market is located about 100km from Bangkok city center. It took about 90 minutes to get there by taxi :) ...

#1 -
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 - Early morning ...

#3 - Flower seller ...

#4 - BBQ Bananas ? :)

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
A beautiful set Chris, and good choice of B&W too... I particularly like the way the heavy contrast is rendered in dynamic B&W, and the perfect choice of lens for the job!

Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Brian

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A great collection of powerful images Chris, I love the bokeh on some of those longer shots and the B&W works really well.

Love them! and thanks for sharing

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Well, clearly that taxi ride was worth it!!

It's too early for me to wax poetic, here in the USA, but my favorites are 1, 2, 8 and 10. I think if #9 had some of the top portion cropped it would instantly be in that group, too. Thanks for letting us know about your intentional choice of shooting in B&W w/ the Dynamic mode. There's a vibrant sense of life, movement and clarity in these photographs.

When I clicked on your thread, sipping my coffee, I blurted out "WOW!"

Christan

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks guys :) ...

Yes, lately, I find I have to state clearly that I intentionally shot a series in B&W. Otherwise, I would get a lot of questions on why is it not in colour, shouldn't u shoot the colourful market in colour, etc etc. It gets a little tiring ... LOL ... at least that's what happened in some other forums ...

I guess not so many ppl appreciate B&W these days because they're so used to being bombarded with colours ...

chalkdust

Mu-43 Regular
You have inspired me to begin trying Dynamic B&W film mode. These images held my attention and rewarded inspection. Excellent work.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom