GF1 @ Dumnoen Saduak Floating Market

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Christan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Christan

Christan Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Malaysia
    Shot these using Lumix GF1 + 14-45mm + 45-200mm in Dynamic Black and White film mode :D ... YES, I intentionally shot these in B&W ... NO, I did not want to capture the riot of colours ...

Dumnoen Saduak Floating Market is located about 100km from Bangkok city center. It took about 90 minutes to get there by taxi :) ...

#1 -
    [​IMG]

#2 - Early morning ...
    [​IMG]

#3 - Flower seller ...
    [​IMG]

#4 - BBQ Bananas ? :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    A beautiful set Chris, and good choice of B&W too... I particularly like the way the heavy contrast is rendered in dynamic B&W, and the perfect choice of lens for the job!

Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Brian

3. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Great set. I like #8 in particular.

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    A great collection of powerful images Chris, I love the bokeh on some of those longer shots and the B&W works really well.

Love them! and thanks for sharing

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Well, clearly that taxi ride was worth it!!

It's too early for me to wax poetic, here in the USA, but my favorites are 1, 2, 8 and 10. I think if #9 had some of the top portion cropped it would instantly be in that group, too. Thanks for letting us know about your intentional choice of shooting in B&W w/ the Dynamic mode. There's a vibrant sense of life, movement and clarity in these photographs.

When I clicked on your thread, sipping my coffee, I blurted out "WOW!"

6. Christan

Christan Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Malaysia
    Thanks guys :) ...

Yes, lately, I find I have to state clearly that I intentionally shot a series in B&W. Otherwise, I would get a lot of questions on why is it not in colour, shouldn't u shoot the colourful market in colour, etc etc. It gets a little tiring ... LOL ... at least that's what happened in some other forums ...

I guess not so many ppl appreciate B&W these days because they're so used to being bombarded with colours ...

7. chalkdust

chalkdust Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 29, 2009
    McKinney, Texas
    You have inspired me to begin trying Dynamic B&W film mode. These images held my attention and rewarded inspection. Excellent work.

8. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Superb set of images. Very sharp and great B&W.