GF1 does Wigan v Liverpool well will do Monday

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Razer, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Wigan
    Being a Wigan Athletic fan, picked up my ticket yesterday. :2thumbs:

The DW Stadium has I think a policy were no DSLR's are allowed mainly because of the press, but im not 100% sure on that.

Anyways I'll will be taking my GF1 along as we all know can slip easily into a coat pocket with the 20mm attached :cool:

Now im not sure if to take along the 14-45mm aswell, I'll decide on the day.

Images im going after are proberly the fans, both outside the ground & inside the drinking area which shouldn't be to much of a problem as the GF1 looks like a P&S to most people that don't know there camera's, so this shouldn't bother them to much, basically trying to capture the atmosphere before the match.

Also get a few pictures during the match aswell.

After the match it straight home no time for more pictures, as it being a Wigan v Liverpool... some of the fans from Liverpool will be in the Wigan stands, & going off last year no doudt there will be trouble after the game, something i don't want to get caught up in & the Police flying in swinging away at anybody, even those that nothing to do with it & just wanted to get home. :frown:

With any luck i have some good images to post either late Monday Night or Tuesday morning.,

2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Sound interesting Razer. I will be eagerly anticipating for the images next week. Have fun.

iconindustries

3. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    I love football. Good luck, hope you win!

4. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Stay safe mate, look forward to the results

5. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Hope you get some great pics and the Latics win! :smile:

6. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Wigan
    I hope we win to, but against the top 4 sides we usually loose, well apart from when we beat Chelsea 3-1.

Plus we have a very inconsistent team this season, hence why were are down near the bottom of the table, hopefully we scrape enough points to stay up.

7. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Congrats with a great win!

8. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

It was a good game (I'm a Man United fan) ;-)
    Looking forward to your photos :)

9. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Wigan
    Well got a few photo's most didn't turn out how i liked what really p**ssed me off is that i wasn't allowed to take any pictures outside of the ground before the start of the match.

Soon as i got the GF1 out i was told to put it away, before even taking a single shot by 2 Coppers so wasn't really happy & didn't want to make a scene, so just did what i was told.

My main reason for taking the GF1 & 20mm was to capture images before the start of the match outside the ground :mad:

Anyways got a few pics while in the East Stand, nothing great, but the GF1 did do a good job of capturing some of the action.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture wise it didn't turn out like i was planning, so abit dissapointed there, And just my luck i was seated near the bloody drummer, so came home with ringing ears that are still ringing now lol.

Football wise it was great, we really did play well, we had most of the ball all night & Kirkland hardly had to make any saves for all the 90 minutes.

10. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Just shoot the bloody drummer! (with your camera :D) :rofl:

11. SFA

SFA New to Mu-43

Feb 18, 2010
    UK
    It wold be interestnig to know the answers to two things. I don't suppose you can answer either of them but it would still be interesting to know the answers.

1) Why did the police not want you to take photographs?

2) Why are the stands so empty?

Grant

12. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Wigan
    Hi Grant I haven't a clue as to why they wouldn't let me take picture's outside the ground, maybe for the sake of not upsetting some supporters as there were a few Liverpool & Wigan fans mixing.

Reason the ground looks so empty, is that i took some shots before the start of the match, but tbh there was only 17,000 there that night mainly because it being on a Monday Night, plus being on ESPN aswell, & £28 a ticket for adults & £20 for Children

If it had been a Saturday than we proberly have at least 22,000 or even filled the Stadium.

But Wigan itself isn't a big town, & alot of people mainly the older gen are more into Wigan Rugby, even moreso now they starting to come good again.

But Still even 17,000 is much better to what it use to be back in the early 90's when we down near the bottom of the old 3rd Division, in a run down stadium with crowd's of around 900-1500 if we were lucky.

13. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    thanks for the pics Razer. Always interesting to see the other side of the world. And be careful...you dont want your camera taken. thanks for sharing photos.

Pete