GF1 Display yellow bands

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by seppalibre, Aug 17, 2010.

1. seppalibre

seppalibre New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2010
    Does anyone experience yellow bands on the display and EVF when there is a fluorescent light in the pictures?
    I noticed while playing around with the camera, when i point to a fluorescent light and actually sometimes just pointing the camera around in a room with fluorescent lamps; i get this yellow bands scrolling down the display.
    It seems like a problem with refresh rate of the display.
    On the actual shot there is no trace of it so it must be something with the display.
    :frown::frown::frown:

2. Michael E

Michael E Mu-43 Rookie

May 1, 2010
    Crawley England
    It happens on mine too.

3. Pilaco

Pilaco New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    I don't think you need to worry. That happens on mine as well under some situations. As long as it doesn't show up on the picture, right? :]

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It happens on my new camera also.
    It does explain this in the manual....
    Don

5. seppalibre

seppalibre New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2010
    Not that i love shooting neon lights but that yellow/brown color is really really really....How to say? ( i don't find the puke smile)
    It was not happening on my LX3 that i remember, and for a camera that is supposed to be better, well...
    Actually if i remember right the display should be the same as the LX3, may be something can be done via firmware.
    P.S. New firmware? When? When? When?

6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Dunno about firmware but mine is still burning the coffee.....
    Its a great camera as is. So far it meets or exceeds my initial expectations.

7. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I guess it shows up on all GF1 cameras, but it doesn't show up on your picture, so it isn't really a problem. I was surprised the first time I saw it, but don't even think about it now.
    photosbypike