1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GF1 body for $300.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Dec 30, 2010.

1. squidbrand

squidbrand Mu-43 Regular

Dec 22, 2010
    Hà Nội, Việt Nam
    Great deal for someone who already has other M4/3 gear and wants to add the GF1 body, but the kit with the 20 is still a better deal for anybody just starting out.

2. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    The GF1 with 20mm is listed as discontinued at B&H (moments after I ordered mine), and the 20mm is $315, so if you want the GF1 + 20mm you might have to get it piecemeal.

3. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow and I thought I got a good deal from B&H when I picked up a GF1 body for $419 in New York earlier this week!

4. nolaSafari

nolaSafari Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    New Orleans

You probably did, check the reviews for Samy's Camera.

Happy New Year

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    It's a good deal ... I just purchased a GF1 for $299 and the 20mm 1.7 for $350 at Samy's Camera.

Gary

6. m43baby

m43baby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2011
    Gary, when you get the GF1 can you let us know? want to be sure Samy's deals are legit and new condition.
    Thx

7. justin28

justin28 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    Ya definitely keep us posted, it'll be helpful to have more reviews on the site

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I live in SoCal so I just walked in, paid the tax and walk out a happy camper. I've always had my problems with a few of Samy's (Scamy's) sales staff. Shopping on-line should be relatively painless. Samy's has quite a few locations and their stores are quite large and very well stocked .... so I think they have a lot to lose by being less than honorable.

Gary

9. m43baby

m43baby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2011
    that's odd the $299 on Amazon from Samy's is gone.. why did they take it down? Seems fishy to me as on their site they have it as a special this week and I emailed them to find out about the lens for $179 that you can get with the GF1 and now the Amazon $299 is gone.

10. m43baby

m43baby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2011
    strange.. the link works but if you search for the GF1 on Amazon, the $299 doesn't show up

11. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Shows up when I search for both GF1 (#4 on the list) and also when searching for Lumix GF1.

I actually bought one Saturday and I'm waiting for a shipping confirmation. This is a great deal IMO, especially for someone that already has a few m43 lenses. I'm interested to see how the GF1 will correct CA in my new 14mm 2.5 lens. The Olympus E-P2 does not seem to do this so I end up having to do the correction in Lightroom.

-Thomas

12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    The $299 was in conjunction with $150 instant rebate ... I think the rebate is over. Trisberg and I got the last ones. :biggrin:

13. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't know why people say it's gone from Amazon. It's right here.

Amazon.com: Lumix DMC-GF1 Digital Camera Body: Camera & Photo

You have to realize that Amazon has a variety of vendors and the one they show when you search is not necessarily the vendor you are looking for or even the lowest price. Always checkout who else is selling it.

14. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
  15. m43baby

m43baby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2011
    rebate is till January 29 so it's not over yet

16. m43baby

m43baby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2011
    on Amazon I had it in my cart but now it shows that it's not available from the seller anymore.. hopefully it will be back up again as I'd rather buy from Amazon than direct from Samy's

17. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I'm going to Samy's tomorrow to pick up a LVF1 ... send me the cash and I'll grab a GF1 for you while I'm in there.

18. m43baby

m43baby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2011
    thanks but I think i'll order online. Does anyone know if it says in stock on Samy's website, is it 100% guaranteed you'll get it? seems like they are out of them when you call and ask but online it says in stock..

19. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Their online store is separate from the their brick & mortar stores ... but if their online store states "in stock" I'd run with it. If there is any delay in the confirmation then just cancel the order. Samy's is large enough that they cannot afford to screw with you (they have a lot to lose). Samy's is five stores strong, one huge, one very large and three medium sized, all with a huge inventory. Yesterday I visited the shop in Santa Ana, they even have a wall full of M9's and lenses and now they're selling Macs complete with in-store servicing and classes. Their stores are in very nice parts of town, West LA, Pasadena, Orange County (Santa Ana), Santa Barbara.

My store of choice is Canoga Camera, on-line and a brick & mortar store in SoCal. But they don't carry Panasonic ... so I put up with Samy's sales staff and insulting management in exchange for a quick delivery of hardware.

Gary