GF1 Autofocus with 20mm/1.7 puzzle

Rider

Mu-43 Regular
When I first got the GF1 and 20mm, I recall that AF while shooting video was fast and noisy (which was fine with me).

Now, AF takes forever though it's a lot quieter. It's become so slow as to be useless. Did I change some setting, or am I just not remembering correctly how it was when I first got it? I have some older videos where it snaps to focus quickly (and audibly), but no more.

Rider

Mu-43 Regular
Any clue why the 20mm/1.7 focuses so slowly in video mode? I've pretty much given on this camera for photography due to the difficult interface, but it's my only video camera until I find something better so would appreciate your input.

Howi

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Howard
When I first got the GF1 and 20mm, I recall that AF while shooting video was fast and noisy (which was fine with me).

Now, AF takes forever though it's a lot quieter. It's become so slow as to be useless. Did I change some setting, or am I just not remembering correctly how it was when I first got it? I have some older videos where it snaps to focus quickly (and audibly), but no more.
I also have the GF1 with 20mm, now, while I haven't done a lot of video with it, the little I have, has shown the 20mm to be quick and responsive AND quiet.
Do you have the latest firmware for camera body AND lens?
If you do, I can only assume you have changed a setting somewhere, perhaps resetting back to factory defaults will sort your problem out.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom