GF1 Autofocus with 20mm/1.7 puzzle

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Rider, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    When I first got the GF1 and 20mm, I recall that AF while shooting video was fast and noisy (which was fine with me).

Now, AF takes forever though it's a lot quieter. It's become so slow as to be useless. Did I change some setting, or am I just not remembering correctly how it was when I first got it? I have some older videos where it snaps to focus quickly (and audibly), but no more.

2. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    Any clue why the 20mm/1.7 focuses so slowly in video mode? I've pretty much given on this camera for photography due to the difficult interface, but it's my only video camera until I find something better so would appreciate your input.

3. Howi

Howi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    Sheffield
    Howard
    I also have the GF1 with 20mm, now, while I haven't done a lot of video with it, the little I have, has shown the 20mm to be quick and responsive AND quiet.
    Do you have the latest firmware for camera body AND lens?
    If you do, I can only assume you have changed a setting somewhere, perhaps resetting back to factory defaults will sort your problem out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.