GF1 auto-review focus check query

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by dabbler, Aug 11, 2011.

1. dabbler

dabbler Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2011
    Hello, recently I've been trying to improve my focussing on my GF1 by putting it in single-point autofocus mode and using the shutter half-press and recompose method. I'd like to use the auto-zoom feature of the auto-review to zoom in on my target so that I can easily see the results of my experiments, but this feature seems to just zoom in on whatever the single-point box is over when the photo was actually being taken. Could anyone tell me if there is any setting to make the camera zoom in on the point I selected prior to recomposing? I know I could just move the focus box around instead of doing 'focus, recompose', or go into review mode and scroll around, but I think I'd miss lots of shots that way.

It would be very helpful if there's another way to do this, and it would also stop me casting predatory eyes at the newer, touch-screen cameras!

2. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    GF1 doesn't have such feature. If I recall, I was able to magnify the focus square on a GH2 using the face detection focus point. It doesn't work for any other type of focus selection.

3. dabbler

dabbler Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2011
    That's a pity! Well, I'll experiment with the face detection focus- thanks for the tip, youry!