gf1 Auto ISO with Shutter priority and Manual lens

kahren

Mu-43 Veteran
so if you put the camera in Shutter priority mode, and use Auto ISO with a fully manual lens it won't adjust iso? considering i pick whatever shutter speed i want? or am i doing something wrong? mine is stuck on iso 100

Howi

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Howard
so if you put the camera in Shutter priority mode, and use Auto ISO with a fully manual lens it won't adjust iso? considering i pick whatever shutter speed i want? or am i doing something wrong? mine is stuck on iso 100
Hi kahren, It's because the camera cannot tell what aperture you have set and therefore cannot set the ISO.

shutter speed + aperture + ISO = exposure setting
all three are inter related, if one is missing, the relationship is broken.
just set the ISO manually. :thumbup:

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Which lens

So what lens are you using? Is it a lens you've adapted using an aftermarket converter? In order for the feature to work, the camera needs to communicate with the lens.

nseika

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lois
Hi kahren, It's because the camera cannot tell what aperture you have set and therefore cannot set the ISO.

shutter speed + aperture + ISO = exposure setting
all three are inter related, if one is missing, the relationship is broken.
just set the ISO manually. :thumbup:
Considering that it can be done, that would be the manufacturer's choice or how they calculate the light

https://www.mu-43.com/f43/why-auto-iso-not-available-m-mode-9178/

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom