1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

gf1 aperture priority mode with adapted lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by floppymoose, Feb 22, 2010.

1. floppymoose

floppymoose Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2010
    howdy, first post to forum, so give me a pointer if i am not following proper posting policy...

i have a gf1, a Nikon-m4/3 adapter, and a nikon af nikkor 50mm f1.4 lens that i rescued off my old F100. i'm enjoying playing around with this camera/lens combo, but i have one problem which i haven't been able to figure out:

i take a lot of low light shots with the lens wide open. aperture priority mode seems to want to go to the least sensitive iso setting it can while maintaining a shutter speed at 1/30th of a second. I would like, in those case where I have enough light, to be able adjust the shutter speed faster and deal with the resulting higher iso setting, but I can't find a way to do that in aperture priority mode. I'm getting camera motion blur that could have been eliminated with a faster shutter speed. Shutter priority mode does not work with legacy lenses.

is there any way to do this?

thanks,
    -joe

2. floppymoose

floppymoose Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2010
    Following up my own post... so I can adjust iso manually, but that is rather clunky. it remains set to that iso until i set it back to auto, and it also doesn't show me in real time how the shutter speed is adjusted as i vary the iso setting - i have to exit iso setting mode and see what the speed is, then go back and adjust some more, etc.

I'm specifically wondering if there is a better way.

3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    I have a G1 and Canon FD lenses so this is a general view. I use "A" mode
    and mostly pick my own ISO. Lately I've used "AUTO" and it seems to
    work OK but sometimes picks a shutter speed too slow. All of this info is
    right on the screen and if I change the aperture I can seethe shutter speed
    adjusting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    sometimes i think m is he better mode here and just try to get used to changing the iso on the fly , auto iso on a mode has its own limitations, with m mode, the over \under exposure scale, and a iso variation as quick as you can muster is probably he way to go

• Like Like x 1