gf1 aperture priority mode with adapted lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by floppymoose, Feb 22, 2010.

1. floppymoose

floppymoose Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2010
    howdy, first post to forum, so give me a pointer if i am not following proper posting policy...

i have a gf1, a Nikon-m4/3 adapter, and a nikon af nikkor 50mm f1.4 lens that i rescued off my old F100. i'm enjoying playing around with this camera/lens combo, but i have one problem which i haven't been able to figure out:

i take a lot of low light shots with the lens wide open. aperture priority mode seems to want to go to the least sensitive iso setting it can while maintaining a shutter speed at 1/30th of a second. I would like, in those case where I have enough light, to be able adjust the shutter speed faster and deal with the resulting higher iso setting, but I can't find a way to do that in aperture priority mode. I'm getting camera motion blur that could have been eliminated with a faster shutter speed. Shutter priority mode does not work with legacy lenses.

is there any way to do this?

thanks,
    -joe

2. floppymoose

floppymoose Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2010
    Following up my own post... so I can adjust iso manually, but that is rather clunky. it remains set to that iso until i set it back to auto, and it also doesn't show me in real time how the shutter speed is adjusted as i vary the iso setting - i have to exit iso setting mode and see what the speed is, then go back and adjust some more, etc.

I'm specifically wondering if there is a better way.

3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    I have a G1 and Canon FD lenses so this is a general view. I use "A" mode
    and mostly pick my own ISO. Lately I've used "AUTO" and it seems to
    work OK but sometimes picks a shutter speed too slow. All of this info is
    right on the screen and if I change the aperture I can seethe shutter speed
    adjusting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    sometimes i think m is he better mode here and just try to get used to changing the iso on the fly , auto iso on a mode has its own limitations, with m mode, the over \under exposure scale, and a iso variation as quick as you can muster is probably he way to go

• Like Like x 1