GF1 and L1 slave flash/remote trigger ?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by zahatron, Oct 27, 2011.

1. zahatron

zahatron New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2011
    I have a panasonic GF1 and L1

Ive searched the forums, lots of awesome information but I've been getting mixed information.
    I'd like to have a wireless slave flash for either the gf1 or l1 ideally both

A. can this be done on either of these cameras?

B. what kind of flashes are best for these cameras?
    learned the oly, metz and the di series are the go to-s, but will they wireless trigger on the gf1 or l1.
    the di466 comes with remote triggers?

C. what wireless radio trigger is best
    yongnuo RF-602 is what i am reading will work on a gf1?

I'm planning to shoot people in natural light, and use the flash as a filler, or vice versa, flash as direct and natural light as filler.

Thanks!

2. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum, zahatron! :thumbup:

You might want to check out the discussion of wireless triggers here...

... and here...

... peruse this discussion of flash units here...

... learn more about the Olympus flash units and how to set them here...

... and check out some of the resources noted here...

Also, for a better, more reliable alternative to the Yongnuo triggers, you might want to look at these from Hahnel. I've found them much more reliable than the cheapies (like Yongnuo and Cactus) and every bit as good as the far more expensive Pocket Wizards. They're much more affordable than PWs and will last far longer than the cheapies.

Oh... and you will almost certainly need to use your flash units (whichever brand you choose) in manual mode when firing them with a radio trigger. AFAIK, only the Pocket Wizards can be used with TTL exposure and that functionality is only compatible with Nikon or Canon camera/flash combinations.