GF1 + 45-200mm + tripod

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by noelh, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Received my replacement 45-200mm lens (see Loud 45-200mm thread). Have another problem. More related to diameter of the lens relative to the body size of the GF1. Was in the process of attaching the tripod qr plate. Barrel diameter of the lens is too large. Plate cannot be attached properly to the camera. I see Panasonic sells an adapter pad to deal with this situation.

Anyone use this adapter? Opinions about the adapter plate? Will this adapter work with the qr plate (Bogen 3055 ballhead)pictured next to the GF1? Any other suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Can you change the head on the tripod? That plate looks way too big for an M4/3 camera. There are plenty of smaller ones.
  3. Only plate that fits the Bogen. Older 80's vintage ball head. Gear left over from the 35mm SLR days. Overkill for mu43 format. Eventually will purchase a light weight carbon fiber travel tripod. Unless the qr plates are very small at ~1" across the lens barrel will prevent attachment. Looking for a tripod mounting attachment that directly attaches to the lens. Probably not possible. The only real clamping surface on the lens is where the OIS switch is located. I think the only real option is the Panasonic adapter.
  4. spark

spark Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    What are the other holes for in the QR plate? Can you move the mounting stud to a hole closer to the edge to allow mounting of your camera with lens?
  5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have been thinking about getting the Kirk L-plate to address this situation.
  6. Not sure what the other holes are for. Thanks for the suggestion. The holes were too small & have no threads for the bolt. Might try tapping out the forward position hole.