GF-1 with Panasonic 14-140 Lens

shrisri

New to Mu-43
I've read lot of reviews, seen some awesome pictures and I'm convinced GF1 is the camera for me!

I'm confused though whether to go for 14-45 plus 45-200 lenses or 14-140 lens.

Any thoughts??

Y

Yves D.

Hi Shrisri,

In the Panasonic lens forum, i asked the same question and got good responses.
The thread is call "one zoom or two zoom kit" i think.

I went for the 14-140 and i'm happy with my choice.
I like the range, the iq, no swapping between lens, fits well in my hands.
It feel like i'm having a dslr again but i use it mostly for video and kids stuff.
I'd say that i use the 20mm 1.7 80% of the time.

Cheers

shrisri

New to Mu-43
Thanks Yves! That was very helpful.

I'll have to make up my mind (and ready my pocket) for $1500 for GF1 body plus Pana 14-140 lens

LaMesaFellow

New to Mu-43
Panasonic 14 - 140mm HD lens

I decided to purchase the Panasonic 14 - 140mm HD lens. It covers most of the focal lengths that I normal use and it is an excellent lens.

Y

Yves D.

Last friday i spent the afternoon skating with my son and his classmates.
I took the 14-140 and took near a hundred photos.
Coming from a Nikon dslr with good autofocus performance, i was surprise
by the ratio of good pictures.
Most of the pictures were on focus. Only 5 or 6 were misses.
I was afraid that for actions pictures the Gf1 would not give me satisfaction but i was wrong.
The Gf1 prove to be a very good choice for my kind of shooting: kids,street,portrait.

Cheers

Alan Wolf

Mu-43 Regular
Rumor of new Panasonic lens

I’ll start by saying that I spent several hours on Saturday walking around with the 14-140 on my GF1, and not only did it handle like a charm, but I was exceedingly pleased with images taken at a real mix of focal lengths. Pretty much all wide open, which isn’t al that wide with this lens... This is a good match. Really my first time just walking around with it.

The current rumor is that the GH2 will be available with a 12-70/f2.5-3.3 lens.

OKAY - IT’S A RUMOR.

But with Panasonic set to make announcements soon, it’s very tempting to at least wait. Besides the extra 1 ⅓ stop, you’d get those extra 2mm that I’ve been wanting. And along with the 100-300 lens, and the small 20mm, quite a set. And if the lens design keeps up Panasonics current high standards, that’s going to be quite a lens. The 14-140 is a good bit sharper than the EF24-105L that I used (before selling) on my 5D.

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
The 20mm f1.7 is a must have lens for the GF1. It is superb and having f1.7 is realy helpful especially in low light.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom