GF-1 with Panasonic 14-140 Lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by shrisri, Jan 22, 2010.

1. shrisri

shrisri New to Mu-43

Jan 22, 2010
    I've read lot of reviews, seen some awesome pictures and I'm convinced GF1 is the camera for me!

I'm confused though whether to go for 14-45 plus 45-200 lenses or 14-140 lens.

Any thoughts??

2. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hi shrisi,
    What sorts of things are you interested in shooting?

3. shrisri

shrisri New to Mu-43

Jan 22, 2010
    some nature photography, flowers, birds, family functions, so on

4. Yves D.

Yves D. Guest

Hi Shrisri,

In the Panasonic lens forum, i asked the same question and got good responses.
    The thread is call "one zoom or two zoom kit" i think.

I went for the 14-140 and i'm happy with my choice.
    I like the range, the iq, no swapping between lens, fits well in my hands.
    It feel like i'm having a dslr again but i use it mostly for video and kids stuff.
    I'd say that i use the 20mm 1.7 80% of the time.

Cheers

5. shrisri

shrisri New to Mu-43

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks Yves! That was very helpful.

I'll have to make up my mind (and ready my pocket) for $1500 for GF1 body plus Pana 14-140 lens

6. LaMesaFellow

LaMesaFellow New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2010
    La Mesa CA
    Panasonic 14 - 140mm HD lens

I decided to purchase the Panasonic 14 - 140mm HD lens. It covers most of the focal lengths that I normal use and it is an excellent lens.

7. Yves D.

Yves D. Guest

Last friday i spent the afternoon skating with my son and his classmates.
    I took the 14-140 and took near a hundred photos.
    Coming from a Nikon dslr with good autofocus performance, i was surprise
    by the ratio of good pictures.
    Most of the pictures were on focus. Only 5 or 6 were misses.
    I was afraid that for actions pictures the Gf1 would not give me satisfaction but i was wrong.
    The Gf1 prove to be a very good choice for my kind of shooting: kids,street,portrait.

Cheers

8. Alan Wolf

Alan Wolf Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Rumor of new Panasonic lens

I’ll start by saying that I spent several hours on Saturday walking around with the 14-140 on my GF1, and not only did it handle like a charm, but I was exceedingly pleased with images taken at a real mix of focal lengths. Pretty much all wide open, which isn’t al that wide with this lens... This is a good match. Really my first time just walking around with it.

The current rumor is that the GH2 will be available with a 12-70/f2.5-3.3 lens.

OKAY - IT’S A RUMOR.

But with Panasonic set to make announcements soon, it’s very tempting to at least wait. Besides the extra 1 ⅓ stop, you’d get those extra 2mm that I’ve been wanting. And along with the 100-300 lens, and the small 20mm, quite a set. And if the lens design keeps up Panasonics current high standards, that’s going to be quite a lens. The 14-140 is a good bit sharper than the EF24-105L that I used (before selling) on my 5D.

9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    It will be very interesting to see how small they can make a 12-70mm f2.5-3.3 lens, bearing in mind the size of the ZD 12-60mm f2.8-4 :

View attachment 140861

Cheers

Brian

10. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    The 20mm f1.7 is a must have lens for the GF1. It is superb and having f1.7 is realy helpful especially in low light.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.