1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF-1 video

Discussion in 'Video Post-Production' started by Phototeacher, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Phototeacher

Phototeacher New to Mu-43

Feb 20, 2011
    Can anyone suggest a video format converter to convert the GF-1's AVCHD Lite into a more universal format, so videos can be viewed on friend's (PC) computers without them haveing to install software?

• Like Like x 1
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I really know anything about video ... but, if you're running a Mac, I suspect iDVD can do what you need.

Gary

3. cbrock

cbrock Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Windows live movie maker can convert to wmv format. I converted a video on there once, but my computer is slow and it took forever! but it did the job.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Phototeacher, welcome! I've moved your thread into the Video forum. Take a look around, make yourself at home and I hope you get the help you need. If you stick around, it would be great if you'd stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum. Hoping you do decide to become more involved here.:thumbup:

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hey ... that was your first post ... welcome aboard.

Gary

6. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 15, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you are looking for simply ease of use with GF1 video I'd suggest just using motion JPEG for your video settings in-camera.

With motion JPEG there is no need for any importer or conversion, just drag and drop and they can be read by any computer.

7. Phototeacher

Phototeacher New to Mu-43

Feb 20, 2011
    BBW, thanks for moving this to the correct forum.

I will look into using motion JPEG, but liked the idea of using less memory card space by using AVCHD Lite. Not having a super-fast computer, converting formats might be too much of a task for it!
    Thanks for the replies, I look forward to joining in more discussions on these forums.