1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gettysburg 150th Anniv - Pickets Charge

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nuclearboy, Jul 2, 2013.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    I was lucky enough to make it to Gettysburg where the Blue-Gray Alliance was having reenactments of the 3 days of battles this past weekend. It was a large re-enactment marking the 150th anniversary of the battles. Here are some scenes from the third day and final battle, Pickets Charge.

A few more are on my website.
    Thanks for looking,

https://www.adoberevel.com/shares/a...f2625/albums/74c016029c8d4bd691ca67c5aca3d6a1

Earlier in the day there was a Calvary battle.
    https://www.mu-43.com/f56/gettysburg-calvary-battle-48798/#post481286

A large Confederate artillery bombardment starts the battle
    g35.jpg g38.jpg

The Confederates come out of the woods and start towards the Federal Troops
    g43.jpg g50.jpg

Federal Troops Ready
    g54.jpg

Chaos as the Confederates are decimated by Federal guns.
    g55.jpg g59.jpg

2. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Very, very nice. I don't live far from there. I've been through the battlefields a number of times, but have never been to Pickets Charge. Based on what I see from your photos, I'll make a note of it for next year:)

3. jmoore5196

jmoore5196 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 4, 2013
    Your photos are probably the closest any of us will come to genuine time-travel ... I can imagine the actual battle scene looked much like the images you've provided. Thanks!

4. DanSullivan

DanSullivan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Dan Sullivan
    The last two really put you in the action. Makes you feel for the poor graycoats - I sure wouldn't want to have to cross that field!

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Great series - I've always loved those re-enactments! :smile:

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks! From both a fellow photographer and military history buff.

7. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    It was impressive how much effort some of the guys take to make sure things are authentic. Seeing the guys march by was like a walking museum with some of the weapons and accessories they were carrying.

Another thing that was added was some screaming (the rebel yell). Hearing about 1000 guys screaming at the start of a charge is a sound to remember.