Getting started with a GH4...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by marz, Jan 18, 2015.

1. marz

marz Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Pyrenees, France
    Marcel
    I own a GH2 that I got cheap when the GH3 came out. Never got on with it's ergonomics :mad: The body seems way to small for my hands. So I ended up not using it a lot. :dash2:

The GH4 feels way better, but am a little intimidated with setting it up for stills. Anybody got some handy tips? All tutorials I can find are about video... :confused:

2. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

Congrats, GH4 is the best M4/3 camera and has the best sensor you can get for shooting stills and video, except the lack of ibis on certain non stabilized lenses. I use my GH4 to shoot stills exclusively, I may able to answer a few questions. What kinda shoot you do? You may also check out the GH4 image thread and see what this amazing camera is capable of

4. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 28, 2013
    congrats on a fantastic camera. Enjoy it and take lots of pics with it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. marz

Jul 5, 2011
    Pyrenees, France
    Marcel
    Very much appreciate this site (camera ergonomics). Thanks for the tip.

6. marz

Jul 5, 2011
    Pyrenees, France
    Marcel
    Thanks for your replies guys.

I shoot landscapes, people (street), and some food and product stuff. But was looking for general setup tips. There is so much going on in this camera its a little daunting at first. Will just carry on playing and enjoying getting used to it. If I have more specific questions I get back to you.

7. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    Set it on NATURAL profile for a while and shoot lots of pictures. Only parameter I might consider changing on that profile is to take sharpness down a couple of notches when using Lumix or Olympus lenses. Leave the rest at zero.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.