Getting started with a GH4...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by marz, Jan 18, 2015.

1. marz

marz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2011
    Pyrenees, France
    Marcel
    I own a GH2 that I got cheap when the GH3 came out. Never got on with it's ergonomics :mad: The body seems way to small for my hands. So I ended up not using it a lot. :dash2:

The GH4 feels way better, but am a little intimidated with setting it up for stills. Anybody got some handy tips? All tutorials I can find are about video... :confused:

2. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

Congrats, GH4 is the best M4/3 camera and has the best sensor you can get for shooting stills and video, except the lack of ibis on certain non stabilized lenses. I use my GH4 to shoot stills exclusively, I may able to answer a few questions. What kinda shoot you do? You may also check out the GH4 image thread and see what this amazing camera is capable of

4. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    congrats on a fantastic camera. Enjoy it and take lots of pics with it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. marz

marz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2011
    Pyrenees, France
    Marcel
    Very much appreciate this site (camera ergonomics). Thanks for the tip.

6. marz

marz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2011
    Pyrenees, France
    Marcel
    Thanks for your replies guys.

I shoot landscapes, people (street), and some food and product stuff. But was looking for general setup tips. There is so much going on in this camera its a little daunting at first. Will just carry on playing and enjoying getting used to it. If I have more specific questions I get back to you.

7. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    Set it on NATURAL profile for a while and shoot lots of pictures. Only parameter I might consider changing on that profile is to take sharpness down a couple of notches when using Lumix or Olympus lenses. Leave the rest at zero.

• Like Like x 1