Getting rid of my EP1.....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by chrism_scotland, Jul 31, 2011.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Well I've really enjoyed my time with my EP1 and especially with legacy lenses, but I've found myself wanting a viewfinder from time to time, especially in the bright weather so its time to move on from my EP1..... its a shame as I really love it and its got me back into photography in a big way. I was contemplating simply picking up a G1/G2 to go with it but tried the G2 EVF in Jessops today and didn't really like it very much....

That and it just didn't have the charm or the feel of the Pen which I've really really enjoyed.... anyway I ended up in another store where they had Black EP2 kits fairly cheap, and I was quite tempted but I really didn't like the browny colour..... although the black pancake lens was nice!

Anyway in the end I've managed to get their last Silver EP2 Pancake kit, woo and only paid £400 for it which I'm delighted with as the best body only EP2 I've seen was £350 and that was a black one, the silver seems much pricier, so I'll be adding an VF2 shortly but will need to get rid of the EP1 and one of the pancakes to pay for some of it!

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Congrats! It's like an EP1, but better!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Black e-P2 kits ... without the VF2 in them?

4. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Yep, just the EP2 with the 17mm pancake

5. I feel I need to correct a mistake in the title of this thread.

One does not get rid of an E-P1. An E-P1...gets rid of you :p

6. tam

tam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    I'm still interested in a pancake BTW, if you're willing to sell a bit cheaper, and would maybe consider taking the E-P1+pancake off your hands, depending on price... PM me if you want to make an offer and I'll have a think. I keep getting strangely tempted to try one of the PENs out (I have a G1 at the moment).

Though out of interest, what features of the P2 do you prefer over the P1?

7. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Purely the ability to add the EVF but at around £200 its an expensive extra so won't be getting added yet, I can see the EP2 holding its price better than the EP1 did so decided to make the purchase.

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'm glad my EP1 still likes me, even with the EP3 in the house. She hasn't dumped me yet :)

9. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I've just put a left-wrist-strap on my e-P1 ... there's life in the old dog yet.

Chris keep us updated on your quest for a reasonable-priced VF2, eh?

10. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Not sure I've ever seen a reasonably priced one! Even the used ones seem to go for very close to the new price...