1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Getting a second body!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by e_kjellgren, Dec 27, 2013.

1. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
    HI!

I recently sold my E-PM1 (shortly after getting the EM-1), but it felt a little empty without that tiny body.
    Found a deal though for a GF-3 (RED) for €69 which I couldn't resist.
    It will be exciting to recieve it and compare it to E-PM1/E-M1 :)

Also just got my first baby, so maybe it could be my dedicated baby-cam when she gets older :)

/Evert

2. e_kjellgren

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
    Got €150 for the E-PM1 so it feels like a good deal!

3. e_kjellgren

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
    Planning to use primarily it with the 14/2.5.

4. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I'm also in the same situation. Have to get a second body if I buy a M1 tomorrow.

5. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    The GM1 is a great EM-1 Companion, it's not exactly pants pocket thin but it is still terribly tiny and easy to bring along.

6. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    I was in the market for a 2nd body and even bought a GX7 with 20 pancake. But I realized how much it overlapped with my E-M1 and that having such an expensive 2nd body that may be neglected often would be overkill. So I returned it and picked up a Ricoh GR on sale and so far, so good. I enjoy having the small form factor, great ergonomics, and a street machine. Just enough of a difference over the E-M1 to both have it's uses.

7. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Just bought the M1

8. e_kjellgren

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
    I was also keen on the GX-7 or GM-1 but getting this one 10 times cheaper seams way better!

9. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Got the e-pm2 with the double lens kit deal. Will be selling on the two lenses, so the body itself should end up being a really good deal.

I have the p20 on the e-pm2 an o45 on em-5 and for most of this Christmas holiday was using the e-pm2 stuck in cargo pants or jacket pocket.

Makes life much easier than always changing lenses on one camera an the second body doesn't take up much additional room.

The only negative to the e-pm2 is the LCD is not nearly as nice to review photos as the one in the em-5. I do like the smaller permanent focus square on the pm2 though.