1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Getting a jump start on the introduction-

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by chris.j.sorensen, Feb 13, 2010.

1. chris.j.sorensen

chris.j.sorensen Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2010
    Freehold, NJ
    Hello, all... I'm putting my E-620 with vertical grip, fl-36r, and 50/2 up for Sale this weekend in order to purchase an e-p2 (then sell the kit lens). I plan on using MF glass only.

So I figured I would say Hi now. Live in New Jersey. Work for the railroad so I'm in NY quite a bit. Enjoy photographing in the city. Looking forward to getting my m43 and posting here!

Take care!
    :smile:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Chris!

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Chris, great to see you here! :friends:

Good luck with the sale!

Cheers

Brian

4. chris.j.sorensen

chris.j.sorensen Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2010
    Freehold, NJ
    Thanks, guys! current kit will be on Craigslist this week. Hopefully will sell quickly. Now i need to commit to an m43 camera. having second thoughts about the e-p2 as i'm thinking i should wait for the price to drop a little and instead buy an e-p1 or e-pl1 for now. once the e-p2 drops a little, my wife can use the first camera and i will take the e-p2. Ideally, i'm planning on using legacy lenses for myself, and would therefore be able to give my wife the oem lens off of the e-p2 to give her a two lens kit. yeah, that sounds good. i think my babbling just sorted things out!

5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Welcome - we need a "train spotter" on here - post some images, please!!!!!

Trains are great - we have a local "steam" railway

I remember "steam" and followed these magnificent "beasts" around with my book, ruler and pen in the early 60s

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I'd be tempted by the E-PL1 + EVF at the moment... with the high spec m4/3rds cam due next, and the E-PL1 having the MF assist zoom button for legacy lens focusing.

Plus, the E-PL1 isn't even available yet... so more chance to hear of the high spec m4/3rds release in the meantime.

Cheers

Brian

7. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Chris.

Kind regards, Herman

9. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Chris, a very sincere welcome, (again)

BUT what some people will do to join the merry band of M4/3ers -

I'm not selling my D300 - it fact I'm going to take it out tomorrow and "give it hell" - unless it rains, as it's a softie really

You'll enjoy it here.......but be careful as your wife, ( sorry, partner - my wife says I have to be politically correct these days, but it's difficult at my age!), may think you have another women/partner/pedigree poodle or something in a cage

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Godd election...ep2 is a nice cam. Wellcome here¬°¬°:smile: