Gettin ready for vacation.

DoofClenas

Who needs a Mirror!
Real Name
Clint
I’m headed out to the black hills soon for a camping adventure with the family (wife and 2 kids 7 and 10). We’ll be headed over the mackinac bridge over to Wisconsin (Coloma), then to Sioux Falls, the Badlands, and then the Black Hills. On the way back we’ll be taking the Ferry across Lake Michigan. The trips gonna last about 10 days.

The em1ii is packed with 4 batteries (and charger) along with the 7-14, 12-40, 25 f1.4, and 75 and all fits into my large camera messenger bag. As much as I want to bring the 150f2 and 1.4 and 2x extenders, I really don’t want to readjust my bag. The bag that I have all the other gear in is the bag that normally holds the 150 and extenders. I have another smaller messenger that’ll hold the em1ii 12-40 and 75. For those that have been out there will I miss the reach, or will the 75mm suffice. I really feel that the 12-40 and 7-14 will be my go to lenses out there. My wife also wants to take the epm2 and 20mm for a lightweight option for her. What to do.

Mountain

Mu-43 All-Pro
I gravitate toward long lenses, and used a 35-100mm out there a fair amount, but the 12-40 was the workhorse for sure. I did a write up last summer about it, you might find it useful. A Visit to South Dakota (Tons of Pics)

Have fun, it's a beautiful area, I was pleasantly surprised at custer state park, esp

DoofClenas

Who needs a Mirror!
Real Name
Clint
I gravitate toward long lenses, and used a 35-100mm out there a fair amount, but the 12-40 was the workhorse for sure. I did a write up last summer about it, you might find it useful. A Visit to South Dakota (Tons of Pics)

Have fun, it's a beautiful area, I was pleasantly surprised at custer state park, esp

Thanks...Now I'm thinking that I might want to bring it along...space permitting.

Phocal

God
I have a standing philosophy about my 150/2.

Don’t leave home without it.

DoofClenas

Who needs a Mirror!
Real Name
Clint
I have a standing philosophy about my 150/2.

Don’t leave home without it.
I almost did...BUT I made room for it...and boy was I glad I did. I shot a ton with it and the EC-20 (left the EC-14 at home). I'm still processing the photos, but I'll post a bunch when I'm done.

Mountain

Mu-43 All-Pro
I almost did...BUT I made room for it...and boy was I glad I did. I shot a ton with it and the EC-20 (left the EC-14 at home). I'm still processing the photos, but I'll post a bunch when I'm done.
Looking forward to it!

DoofClenas

Who needs a Mirror!
Real Name
Clint
Looking forward to it!
It's taking a lot longer than anticipated to edit...As a teaser though, here's a rainbow (it's actually a double, but I couldn't get both) outside of the Badlands.
EM122639-HDR-20180907.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom