GetOlympus Site Down?

Mountain_Man_79

Brannigan’s Law is like Brannigan’s love
Real Name
Chris
I’ve been trying all day to access getolympus.com with no luck. I’ve tried on my phone and my work laptop. Anyone else running into this? Any idea how long they’ve been down?

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris
Their website is no longer listed on their Instagram account details, and attempting to access through their Instagram shop also failed. Albeit their Instagram shop clearly needs work...cause that ain’t right.
6852A68D-A18C-4F76-9D8D-14769C525FD6.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Yikes. That site says they’ve been down for more than a week!?

I need to give them money in exchange for goods, this way they can pay their bills and keep the website up (or whatever their finance department prefers). 🤦‍♂️
Wow, had it really been down for over a week? That doesn't reflect well on JIP/OMDS.

My first thought was that it might have something to do with stating to move away from the "Olympus" brand/name, but it doesn't make any sense to retire that site unless/until you have a replacement online.

- K

Real Name
Walter
Yikes. That site says they’ve been down for more than a week!?

I need to give them money in exchange for goods, this way they can pay their bills and keep the website up (or whatever their finance department prefers). 🤦‍♂️

I don't think it's been down that long. I think I accessed it a few days ago. Let's hang on and see if it comes back up.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I don't think it's been down that long. I think I accessed it a few days ago. Let's hang on and see if it comes back up.
Yeah, that makes sense. I couldn't imagine it being down that long without seeing something posted about it here or on the various FB groups, 43Rumors, Reddit, etc.

If an outage like this flew under the radar for a week it would really be a bad sign for the company's prospects.

I gotta think that outage site is inaccurate.

- K

Real Name
Walter
Outage appears to impact only the ecommerce portion of the site. The "Olympus Learn Center" (what a terrible name, btw) subdomain is still accessible.

Maybe they're just loading the new E-M1 Mark IV, E-M1X Mark 2 and PEN-F Mark 2. ;)

- K
Yes, you can still get to Learn Center if you search for it or use the link above. Can't get to it by going through https://www.getolympus.com.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Still down!?!? What's up, OMDS USA?

I'm hearing (or maybe starting) rumors that those new cameras they're getting ready to start selling are so special that they needed a BUNCH more pixels for the site. Unfortunately, those pixels are stuck in a container on a ship outside the port at Long Beach waiting to unload. That'll teach you for using imported pixels, OMDS.

- K

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris
Someone else noticed and asked this on their Instagram post today (I asked yesterday, and never got an answer)
6E8B8E35-6079-412D-99AA-9D55F881F5EA.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
sigh
Someone needs their butt kicked.
Back in my day, taking a major part of the corporate web site off-line, for this long, would put your job on the line.
Maybe it was a major hack, and even their backup was hacked.

Or maybe it was a DNS issue, similar to what Facebook had last week.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom