GetOlympus 25% Off!

Real Name
Hal
Thanks @ijm5012

I wish my city still had a real, brick and mortar camera store where I could test and buy gear on site. After briefly testing the look, feel, and performance of the O 25mm on my GM5 and EM5II versus the P 20mm, I've decided that the very minor niggles about the P 20mm (mildly slow and noisy AF) are far outweighted by the benefits of the lens (tiny size, excellent sharpness, really perfect indoor FOV). It is the first lens I bought along with my original EM5 and its the only piece of micro four thirds gear that I've always had (everything else has been cycled out and replaced over time). I think I'm more attached to the lens than I thought and I'm likely to just always keep it so long as I stay in the micro four thirds system.

So if anyone is interested, I have an O 25mm refurb I'm prepared to sell at cost (i.e., what I paid to Olympus ~ $191, what it will cost to ship to you ~ $15, and the 3% PayPal fee ~ $6...for a total out the door ~ $212). I received the lens from Olympus yesterday, so I've had it for less than 24 hours and it's in perfect, like new condition. I did not even open the hood or paperwork and the front lens cap still has its plastic shield installed. I would ship it in the original Olympus refurb packaging. I will list it on the Buy & Sell forum. I can ship it today if paid via PayPal.

If there's no takers in the next few days, then I'll just return it to Olympus.

Real Name
Ian
Still no shipping confirmation email from my order that I placed on Monday...

I'll be giving Olympus a call tomorrow morning to find out what the delay is in shipping my camera, only to have them tell me that they're all sold out and that there's nothing they can do, to which I'll ask them why they charged my credit card for an item that they didn't have in stock. I'll request to speak to a manager, at which point I'll ask them to send me an E-M1, which I had paid for, even if it is new. They'll call my request crazy, at which point I'll have to settle for a coupon code and re-buy an E-M1 when they come back in stock again.

At least that how I envision it playing out...

Real Name
Ian
Well, I was partly correct. I called the Olympus store when they opened today, spoke to a very nice man named Jose who mumbled a lot and had an eastern European accent. I gave him my order number, he put me hold where I listened to some of that corny elevator music for about a minute, before coming back and politely informing me that the E-M1 is on backorder. I went back and forth with him a bit, but the bottom line is that I have secured an order for a refurbished E-M1 at the sale price of $540 ($578 after tax for me), and that when they get them back in stock, one will ship to me. I asked him if he knew how long it typically took to restock items after a 25% off, and he said he would expect it to be 2-3 weeks, but because it's refurbished gear he could say exactly. I was told that if I hadn't received the camera or any shipping info by April 15th, to give them a call back.

While it would have been nice to get one while they were in stock, it's not a huge deal for me. I have both of my GH4's which work wonderfully, and when the E-M1 shows up I'll play around with it see if I like it enough to keep it or not. If I do, then I got a great deal on it. If I don't, then I'll send it back and continue happily using my GH4's.

Real Name
Ian
Well, I got my shipping notification today. FedEx is saying that it should be here on Tuesday, so I'll have a couple days to get it set up before giving it a test at the local auto-x next weekend. Hopefully everything looks good with the camera when it arrives, fingers crossed.

Real Name
Keith
Hmm. I still haven't received my 12mm from the March sale. $360 + tax seemed like a reasonable deal for a vaguely interesting lens.

Worth waiting for, or should I contact them to cancel it?

tkbslc

Super Moderator
Hmm. I still haven't received my 12mm from the March sale. $360 + tax seemed like a reasonable deal for a vaguely interesting lens.

It's reliably selling for low $500s on ebay for used copies, so I'd wait. Even if you don't end up loving it, you can turn a profit when you are done.

MaK543

Mu-43 Regular
I think you should contact them to see what's going on. Their customer service center seems well staffed. My calls went through right away the last couple times I contacted them.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom