1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Get rid of Object Coming out of Head?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by dlhomesolutions, Apr 20, 2016.

1. dlhomesolutions

dlhomesolutions Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2013
    Peoria, IL
    Ok. I need some tips on how to edit this photo. I know I should have caught it when I took the shot, but I really like the shot but I want to get rid of the Baloon thing coming out of the Father's head. What is the best way to do this in Photoshop without it looking super fake?

Any ideas? josie and scott-1.

2. JBoot

JBoot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    Jerry
    Here you go...
    • use the clone stamp tool to paint out the majority if the area, given the simple background. Use the clone stamp in larger brush size, sampling from the area nearby and paste in with 100% flow and 100% opacity.
    • Then, use a much smaller brush to clone stamp nearer his hair and lessen the flow/opacity about halfway going until you've come tight enough around his hair.
    • Then, move to the healing brush in a somewhat larger brush size to blend in the area around his head.
    If you have a pen tablet, you can use pressure to accomplish the same as changing flow.

Here is a version that took just a minute to do.
    josie and scott-1 v1.

• Like Like x 4
  3. JBoot

JBoot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    Jerry
    BTW, make sure you duplicate the layer first, before editing, just in case you want to throw it away. You can flatten the image before saving as a JPG version once done. It's always nice to be able to turn off and on the layer to see the difference in your edit as well.

4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I'd crop a lot tighter on the top anyway, as the grey background isn't particularly engaging. Maybe crop right up to the top of his head and just clone the little bit of leftover dark blur out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Might try to select the grey background and lighten it up to help get rid of the ray shooting out of his temple.

6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    thinking the same thing .... small details can really advance the quality of an image

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    or keep it and make it an idea bubble .... like: ive never been so happy!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Save as a tif not jpg.

9. JBoot

JBoot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    Jerry
    @m4/3boy@m4/3boy ... good point... and an important one so edits are can be reworked if necessary. I actually use Lightroom and always save as TIFand just export JPG in the size/quality required for purpose.