Get Carter!

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
First, a reference image, for those unfamiliar with the subject. I did not take this photo; it's from geograph.co.uk, and is used under license (click image for info):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Trinity Car Park in Gateshead was made famous in the film, "Get Carter!" Michael Caine played the title role, and in one particularly memorable scene, Carter threw one of the villains from the top of the spiral stair well there into Trinity Square below.

I took this photo this morning, with my new old Pentax 50mm f/1.7 smc, and my new µ4/3 adapter. All that's left is the base of that very stair well, like the demolishers were saving the best for last. Click for full size.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I loved that film. Now while the car park was not the prettiest in the world, it is a shame to lose a film landmark.
No.
That eyesore made the whole area look scummy.
Good riddance to it!
(In fairness that whole area IS scummy, just now it'll have a chance to look better)

Get Carter was a really excellent film by the way, for anyone who didn't see it. See it!

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
Most of Gateshead has been derelict for too long. That car park cast a shadow over Trinity Square all morning; it was a horrible place to be. There isn't really a town centre; perhaps now, one can be built. Working here for ten years, I can say that there's nothing to do and nowhere to go at lunch time, except out of Gateshead.

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Yeah that's always been so strange.
I wonder what it was like in the 1900s.
Well in the 1970s, the same but without the person with the digital camera.

In the early 1900s (which is what I assume you meant), the same without the carpark and the Tesco and without the person with the digital camera.

stanleyk

I love that film. One of Michael Caine's great performances. I love the seen where he goes to the door naked with the double barrelled shotgun!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom