Get a Free Adapter or Flash with OM-D E-M5 Purchase

Muntz

Mu-43 Regular
Olympus has just announced a special offer for the OM-D E-M5.

There is a mail in rebate for one of the following:

FL-300R WIRELESS FLASH or
MMF-3 FOUR THIRDS LENS ADAPTER or
MF-2 OM LENS ADAPTER

Both the E-M5 and selected accessory must be purchased at an authorized Olympus dealer.

Details can be found here on the rebate form:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/crm/rebates/e-m5_accessory_mir_form.pdf

The offer is good in both the US and Canada.

Personally I'm going to go for the flash. It can be triggered wirelessly using the little flash included with the E-M5.

So it looks like it isn't only the UK that is getting a bonus when purchasing and EM-5.

starlabs

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Hiep
This is tricky for us early pre-order peeps, since the rebate states that both have to be purchased at the same time.

Not sure what I should do...

Muntz

Mu-43 Regular
I know. I just read that part.

I'm going to try to get the FL-300R added to my pre-order. I guess that is one advantage of pre-ordering from a local store.

bongestrella

Mu-43 Veteran
Wow thanks! I would've preferred the grip but this is not too bad.

At the risk of looking ignorant, b&h and amazon are authorized olympus dealer, right??

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
according to that link on Olympus' site, my nearest Olympus dealers are Toys 'R Us, Radio Shack, Office Max, Walmart and Sears (?!?!)

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
hrmm... how in the world can we get this in w/o resetting ourselves in the queue for amazon? I feel like it'll be hard to get after the first batch, but I'm biased since I float around in m43 sites. And have more experience w/ Panasonic =/

Muntz

Mu-43 Regular

starlabs

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Hiep
Think I'm gonna call up Adorama tomorrow and see if they can add an accessory to my pre-order. $160-$170 is nothing to scoff at...

Phoque

Mu-43 Veteran
For some reason Henry's doesn't show up as being an Authorized Retailer. That can't be right. Surely Henry's is an Olympus authorized retailer. I'll be calling first thing in the morning to see if I can get the flash added to my pre-order and to find out if they are an authorized retailer.

Same for me, I will cancel and order from Vistek if it's not the case.

ftwphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Henry's is most definitely an authorized retailer, it might be that they are just not listed in the lookup for some reason.

duke

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Duke
Throw in the grip and I won't keep canceling my preorders olympus!! Seriously, I've ordered this camera about 3 times now and then I cancel it a week later, it's just a little too much for me...

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
according to that link on Olympus' site, my nearest Olympus dealers are Toys 'R Us, Radio Shack, Office Max, Walmart and Sears (?!?!)

What's so ?!?! about that? I get all my Canon L lenses at Toys 'R Us ... and I develop my cards at the Shack.

Gary

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
Oh nice. It may not be worth as much as the grip, but the MMF-3 is something I would absolutely buy with the camera anyways. :)

spinyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The form states that purchase must be between April 1 and May 31.I guess I need to decide whether to cancel my preorder and move to the back of the line by waiting until April,or let it be and get the camera in the first wave.I wish I knew how long a wait it would be.

heedpantsnow

Mu-43 Veteran
Well, I guess I'll put in another (3rd!) order on April 1st that includes the flash. If neither of my other 2 orders ships before April 10th, then I'll have to wait until May to receive my camera anyway (living in China but buying in the USA sucks sometimes).

fljoe

Mu-43 Regular
On the rebate form it says "Purchase a rebate-eligible accessory at the same time as an OM-D E-M5 camera and get that accessory free after mail-in rebate." It does not say anywhere that it has to be on the same order. I will call the rebate customer service number (1-800-953-3098) to confirm that I can make a separate purchase on the eligible accessory on a separate order and still get the rebate. This way I do not lose my spot on the pre-order line for the camera.

heedpantsnow

Mu-43 Veteran
On the rebate form it says "Purchase a rebate-eligible accessory at the same time as an OM-D E-M5 camera and get that accessory free after mail-in rebate." It does not say anywhere that it has to be on the same order. I will call the rebate customer service number (1-800-953-3098) to confirm that I can make a separate purchase on the eligible accessory on a separate order and still get the rebate. This way I do not lose my spot on the pre-order line for the camera.

Could you pls let us all know what you find out?

Latest threads

Top Bottom