1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Genuine or Compatible ink?

Discussion in 'Printing' started by tonywah, Mar 26, 2013.

1. tonywah

tonywah New to Mu-43

Mar 5, 2013
    Hi guys,
    What do you use when you need new ink? Quality genuine always cost more for me. Any good Canon compatible ink recommend ? Or refill services?
    Thanks.

2. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    I just buy factory ink at Costco.

3. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I too buy genuine. Years ago 3rd party ink wasn't reliable and I've not been able to get over the experiences that I had.

:(

Regards,

Jim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. marcsitkin

marcsitkin Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Harwich, MA USA
    Marc Sitkin
    Always buy genuine ink. I've been running large inkjets commercially for years, and learned long ago that third party inks always ended badly. False economy. Want to save money on ink? Be more selective in what you print.

6. kanzlr

kanzlr New to Mu-43

Mar 25, 2013
    for my Epson 1400 I use Lyson/Marrut Fotonic ink and a CIS system.

Color is pretty much spot on with Epsons. If you are worried that much, you should profile your paper/ink combination anyway (which I do, thus I know that the difference to Epson ink is pretty much nil).

7. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I also use 3rd party ink. I added an InkJetFly CIS to my epson R1900 and it has worked great for me. I have been using it for a little over a year now with no problems. I tried to profile it but found the epson profiles worked the best. I'm very happy with it and the ink costs the same but I get 10 times more for that price. Total cost of the system was about $200 and now a complete set of ink runs $125 for 10 times the ink. A full set of ink from epson costs about $120.

8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have tried the DIY refills and that was a big mess! I have tried the off-brand inks and they work OK for general purpose. For photography prints I only use genuine ink cartridges.

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Always genuine.

10. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    +1!

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!