1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gel holder for FL 300R?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by briloop, Jul 5, 2012.

1. briloop

briloop Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Anyone know of a gel holder for a FL 300R? Example:

mainImage_gelholder.

Thanks

2. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    That looks brilliant. You might be able to use a lumiquest gel holder but I am not sure. If you will wait a few days I can test it.

3. briloop

briloop Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Double-sided tape?

I attached a Rosco filter to my Olympus FL-300R with double-sided tape like so:
    View attachment 9674

It's probably too flimsy if you are in a windy environment.

4. Ritualnet

Ritualnet Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    UK - West Midlands
    Seem
    I'm not at all art-craft-y, but couldn't you take a piece of perspex and shape it to do the same job?

5. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Rosco offers a product known as the Strobist Gel Kit. It's based on ideas from the Strobist.blogspot.com blog (a terrific resource for people interested in learning to use flash better).

Here's a link to the product at B&H (I have no affiliation with B&H btw, I just did a google search and it was one of the first links):

Rosco Strobist 55-Piece Filter Kit With Gel Holder B&H Photo

Of course, gaffer's tape also does a pretty good job.

Dan

6. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I just tried a lumiquest gel holder with a lumiquest strap which looks like the best one available and it worked perfectly fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.