Gear bags

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cbelter, Mar 31, 2015.

1. cbelter

cbelter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2015
    I have recently moved from having 2 nikon bodies and 5 lens, 3 flashs to one m5 mk2 body and will have 4 lens's and 3 flashes.

The bag that I used for my nikon geats was a 35 litre backpack. Now that I have Micro 4/3 everything is almost half the size smaller. What bags or back pack do you find work best to store and carry all your micro 4/3 gear around?

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    You can find 1400 posts worth of opinion in the canonical bag thread.

Realizing that thread's a bit unwieldy, perhaps some more detail about what you are looking for would help:
    • What particular equipment are you expecting to carry? Which 4 lenses? Which flashes? I can think of 4 small lenses that would occupy less space than the 40-150 Pro, for example.
    • What form factor do you prefer? Backpack? Sling? Messenger style? Belt pack? etc.
    • What other items (laptop, tablet, tripod, etc.) do you expect the bag to accommodate?
    • What materials do you prefer? Leather? Canvas? Nylon?
    • Any other features that are particularly important to you? Weather-resistance? Style?
    • What sort of budget do you have?

3. cbelter

cbelter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2015
    I like backpacks that are weather resistant. here is my gear list

Olympus OM-D EM5 MK2 with grip
    Olympus 14-40 2.8 pro
    bower 7.5mm
    Olympus 40-150 2.8 pro
    35mm 1.7 CCTV lens with m43 adaptor
    3 yongnuo 560 III Speed lights
    2 yongnuo 603 2 tigers
    lots of AA batteries
    Rode Video mic
    Chargers
    SD Card holder
    Zoom H4n Recorder

I also carry a tripod and 2 light stands sometimes

Looking to spend $200-$300 but less is always better.

4. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  5. cbelter

cbelter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2015
  6. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    That one looks like it should fit most/all of your equipment. Bag recommendations are difficult because everyone's kit is as different as their habits and needs. The best advice I can give is to either schlep all your gear into a local camera store and check the fit in person, or find a back you think will fit your needs and purchase from a store with a decent return policy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.