1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Gear bags

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cbelter, Mar 31, 2015.

1. cbelter

cbelter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2015
    I have recently moved from having 2 nikon bodies and 5 lens, 3 flashs to one m5 mk2 body and will have 4 lens's and 3 flashes.

The bag that I used for my nikon geats was a 35 litre backpack. Now that I have Micro 4/3 everything is almost half the size smaller. What bags or back pack do you find work best to store and carry all your micro 4/3 gear around?

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    You can find 1400 posts worth of opinion in the canonical bag thread.

Realizing that thread's a bit unwieldy, perhaps some more detail about what you are looking for would help:
    • What particular equipment are you expecting to carry? Which 4 lenses? Which flashes? I can think of 4 small lenses that would occupy less space than the 40-150 Pro, for example.
    • What form factor do you prefer? Backpack? Sling? Messenger style? Belt pack? etc.
    • What other items (laptop, tablet, tripod, etc.) do you expect the bag to accommodate?
    • What materials do you prefer? Leather? Canvas? Nylon?
    • Any other features that are particularly important to you? Weather-resistance? Style?
    • What sort of budget do you have?

3. cbelter

cbelter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2015
    I like backpacks that are weather resistant. here is my gear list

Olympus OM-D EM5 MK2 with grip
    Olympus 14-40 2.8 pro
    bower 7.5mm
    Olympus 40-150 2.8 pro
    35mm 1.7 CCTV lens with m43 adaptor
    3 yongnuo 560 III Speed lights
    2 yongnuo 603 2 tigers
    lots of AA batteries
    Rode Video mic
    Chargers
    SD Card holder
    Zoom H4n Recorder

I also carry a tripod and 2 light stands sometimes

Looking to spend $200-$300 but less is always better.

4. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  5. cbelter

cbelter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2015
  6. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    That one looks like it should fit most/all of your equipment. Bag recommendations are difficult because everyone's kit is as different as their habits and needs. The best advice I can give is to either schlep all your gear into a local camera store and check the fit in person, or find a back you think will fit your needs and purchase from a store with a decent return policy.