G'day from South Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by RetroBoy, Sep 23, 2010.

1. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Hi all,
    been enjoying browsing this site in the runup to getting my E-PL1 + 14-42(which arrived today).
    Haven't had chance to play with it yet and am waiting for adapters and accessories which all got ordered at the same time.

I also have an Oly E-510 with 14-54, 70-300 and kit lenses.
    Along with a few Hexanon's - which I can credit a certain Brian Mosley with for putting me onto them a few years back now. Brian showed how they could be easily adapted to the 4/3 cameras and that got me hooked. (And of course the gorgeous examples Brian would post).
    Glad to find him posting more helpful posts and beautiful images here now!

So I now have the following Hexanon's: 24 f/2.8, 28 f/3.5, 40 f/1.8, 50 f/1.7, 85 f/1.8 and 135 f/3.5. And a couple of Tokina's and some other MF lenses.

I'm looking forward to putting them all onto the new Pen and taking them out. I love using the old lenses on my 510 so am hoping it's even better experience with the m4/3.

Get ready for some questions, a few pics to share, but probably just a lot of lurking and admiring.
    Thanks for having me!

Neil

• Like Like x 6
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Neil !

3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Another Aussie - welcome.

You have a great set of Konica lenses there - they should go well with the Pen.

Look forward to seeing some pics posted.

Cheers

PeterB666

4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

5. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Hi Retro boy
    I'm over in Melbourne .... spring here chance to shoot with that little PL1 :smile:

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Giday Retro Boy, I'm over in the Sunshine State. Looking forward to seeing Adelaide in some of your pictures. I've never been there before but I did fly over it on my flight to Perth! Tho from 12klm in the air i couldnt see that much.

cu,
    icon

7. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the nice welcomes!
    Seems we've got QLD, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide covered now...

And looking at the locations of other posters it's really global here.
    I like kicking back at the end of the day and looking at these pics from everyone's neck of the woods, seeing the different cities, landscapes and seasons.

The sun's coming up on a beautiful day here, so here's my chance to take literally my first picture with the PL1 (fully auto) - looking out from the front gate of my neck of the woods...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Aha, so I worked out how to change the AF area so I could get the playground and not the tree. Do I need to be in something other than auto to do this?
    Also figured out how to set the aperture and WB, pretty easy so far...

2nd attempt a bit better...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome from another aussie.

10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Neil, congrats on your E-PL1 and welcome! I don't know about you Aussies, you're beginning to out number the other countries represented here.:drinks:

11. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  12. dovla

dovla New to Mu-43

Sep 17, 2010
    Currently Germany
    Welcome mate! I'm from SA too (Adelaide)

Cheers
    Vlad