G'day from Down Under and SC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by stillshunter, Sep 27, 2011.

1. stillshunter

stillshunter Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    Hi folks.

Been a member over at Serious Compacts for a while, love that place and hope that I might straddle both sides of the compact fence....OK it has nothing to do with folks there getting a little tired of me :blush:

So I've shot with compacts for sometime, but the nail in my dSLR coffin was the arrival of my X100. Calling it love at first sight would be an understatement....and yes BBW and Don (Streetshooter) played a pretty major role in my conversion.

Well I'm not armed with an m43 just yet. I have a wanted ad out there to test my luck. Irrespective it's only a matter of days now until I give the dSLR an unceremonious boot and embrace an Oly or Panny. The X100 would remain my camera of choice when zooming on my feet is an option and the m43 when I'm more restrained.

Anyway, that's my way of saying G'day. Folks from SC can vouch for the fact that I have a tendency to waffle :blush:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome Mark, and good luck on your quest to achieve m4/3ness. Some of us have been sailing this ship for years with nary a sign of land in sight. As one who has travelled great distances to come here, we seek but one piece of news from you from the outside world:

Do you know where the &@$%#£ 45mm is at?

P.S. So I take it that it was an N-O to the NX?

• Like Like x 1
  3. stillshunter

Sep 27, 2011
    Ah Mr Nic, a familiar face...

Can't help you with the 45mm I'm afraid mate. But give me a week, that should give LBA/GAS chance enough to kick in, and I'll be tearing my hair out with the rest of y'all.

Nah, looking at the NX files they're BIG and without character....sort of contrary to what I'm after.

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the m4/3 forum! Funny, I registered on Serious Compacts yesterday..... wait a minute, does this mean I am destined to own a X100?! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. stillshunter

Sep 27, 2011
    Well one can only fight the X100 for so long. Believe me I resisted, pigheadedly. But I relented and once I had her in hand I witnessed what comes of blind resistance. If the call is strong then you will succumb....and be glad! :wink:

6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Hey Mark! Welcome aboard!! :)

7. stillshunter

Sep 27, 2011
    Hey Armando, how are you? So this is where you hide when I find you quiet on SC? :laugh1:

Just kidding mate, great to see and hear from you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to my old stomping ground, Mark!:wink:

9. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Welcome to the light side.

Gordon

10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    We are willing to take you back BB. :)

11. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Yeah, because there are lots of new m4/3 gear (currently) for me to lust over!! :smile:

12. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome!! I like cameras too :2thumbs:

13. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Waffle? ... Or prattle? :biggrin:

You don't have to answer that. Welcome. :2thumbs: