Gday from Aus

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by eklips54, Sep 5, 2013.

1. eklips54

eklips54 New to Mu-43

Sep 5, 2013
    Hey all, glad I found this forum and looking forward to learning lots on here and contributing also.
    I've got a mint Panny G5 body on the way and thinking where should I start my lens collection.
    Getting back into photography after a few years hiatus, but I'm a keen video guy as well as travel photography.
    Can any one point me in the right direction?
    Was thinking to start with the P14/42 just to get me started, but am it worth the extra and get the P14/45?
    Also what are the Oly14/42 and 14/45s like?
    Any pointer would be much appreciated!

2. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Todd Cleaver
    Welcome Matt,
    I have a G5 with the P14/42 and is does quite a good job. Having said that though I do have a Sigma 19mm on the way for my prime. I don't do video but I do know that some of the lenses are optimized for video (power zoom and quieter) so do pay attention to that. Take a look at some of the lens specific image forums; there are some incredible examples from most of the lenses available. Once you have an idea what you want keep an eye on the buy/sell forum; I have seen members post some good deals.
    Welcome aboard; I hope that you enjoy it here.
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Matt .. Welcome to this wonderful forum and congrats for buying G5 . I think Aussies use quite a lot of MFT cameras :smile:.Now , I would suggest to go for Panasonic 14 mm 2.5 and Olympus 45 mm 1.8 F .Both are excellent lenses are a value for money . If u need , u can add Oly 17 mm 1.8 , Panny 20 mm 1.7 or PL 25 mm 1.4 in the middle . The kit lenses are not that bad but u will get more out of G5 with primes .
  4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Howdy Matt!
  5. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Gday Matt. Which part of Oz do you call home? There are quite a few μ43 users in Melbourne - if you need to test a lens to help decide what you need, there's sure to be one available to borrow. :cool:
  6. eklips54

eklips54 New to Mu-43

Sep 5, 2013
    Thank you for your input guys! I will do some more research re primes and also my father has a couple primes I might be able to borrow - really want the Oly 45 1.8, looks super duper sharp.
    Shall also look into lenses for video.
    Thanks again!
  7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Welcome aboard!

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! :smile:
  9. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Matt .. If u live around Melbourne ,we can meet and u can try some primes .