Gateway to the Fuji X kingdom is only $449 away... Fuji X-A1+16-50mm @ Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by yakky, Feb 7, 2014.

1. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
  2. ajamils

ajamils Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Richmond, Texas
    It is Fuji sensor but the coveted X-trans sensor. This one has Bayer color filter.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Look! A Sony NEX-5!

As one who likes to try different systems, what makes Fuji any better than a similarly-spec'd Sony? I found the NEX-6/7 very disappointing to shoot with. Cool hardware though.

4. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Better lens quality + a lens road map.
    Sony seems to focusing on making FF lenses instead.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Cleaner design, much better in-camera processing, good selection of high quality lenses. If you don't want/need an EVF, this is a bargain. Even though it's not an X-Trans sensor, the image quality is every bit as good as that from their top-end X-E2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I've always admired their form factor, LOVE that X-PRO 1.

7. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Well, for starters, Fuji is and has always been a photography company - whereas Sony has always been a video company. This is their corporate ethos, and always has been. Fuji knows how to make cameras with the ergonomics that serious shooters find comfortable, and they make world class lenses that are optimized for still imaging, and they alone migrated seamlessly from film imaging to digital imaging. With the demise of Kodak, Fuji is basically THE corporate entity with BY FAR the most expansive history of making products for photography .

8. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
  9. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    What is the UI (menus) like? Is the UI fairly intuitive? <sigh> I shouldn't be looking into yet another camera system.

10. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    To be honest, I have no idea how their menus work, because I don't presently own one, but the only Fuji digital cameras I've ever used had extensive direct controls, that basically obviate the need to use the menus while shooting. Their UI is far more intuitive for someone used to shooting film cameras than any other system, because they basically have very little need to get into the menus at all once the camera is set up to your liking. Despite this, I actually went with Micro 4/3 rather than Fuji when I first chose a mirror less system, because at the time, Fuji did not have any low-cost offerings with viewfinders or in the lens arena, although they have improved that recently. I haven't had occasion to re-visit that decision, because at this stage I have too much of an investment in Micro 4/3 lenses, and I got eventually got used to the Olympus and Panasonic control layouts.

11. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Fuji's lens value can't be overstated. Sony is lenses are lackluster and expensive. Zeiss lenses have a good rep but they are pricey. Sigma does make a few for Nex that seem to be great values though.

12. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I find the Fuji UI very intuitive and their Q menu is very similar to the Olympus SCP (but better looking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Better looking and not hidden like Olympus..!