1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GAS is coming back for G3!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by MrDoug, Oct 1, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I have been putting off not buying G3 because of no IBIS.. but I keep thinking I need to try one of those.. I have seen many awesome reviews.. I say to myself.. I'm not buying that G3.. it's to Big and not for me.. I think it is brand name..(Lenses are great) and resale as well that is holding me off.. but it has every feature on one camera I like except IBIS.. If I buy one and I don't like how hard would it be and how much of a hit would I take if I sell it in a couple of months?
    :rofl:

2. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho

3. Bill

Bill Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill (really)
    If you're thinking of what you could get for it in a couple of months, then I don't think you're ready to buy. Your EP3 should do just fine until you've made up your mind.

4. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    MrDoug, in your situation I would likely buy a used G3. That way someone else has taken the initial "it's not new" hit. I've seen a few for sale pretty close to retail pricing, but one did sell on FredMiranda recently for < $500. Bargains can be found.

5. Less camera buying, more picture taking, thanks!

6. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks Bill.. you are probably right.. ummm.. I like your pics from G3..

7. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    You need to concentrate on glass not bodies, they hold their value better, and make you go out and shoot...

8. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes, you hit it on the head.. I need to take more pictures and less camera buying for sure.. I knew it, but you just instilled and confirmed it in my head.. LOL.. I just like the feel and touch of all the new stuff.. I am SICK.. LOL.. GAS..