1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GAS, adapted lenses for GH2, and Fuji?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by crashwins, Jun 18, 2014.

1. crashwins

crashwins Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    Northampton, MA
    I had a 6D for several months and -- what I formerly knew as a Fuji/M43 user -- I never bring the darn thing out, which is lame as I'm mostly a street shooter (sometimes a portrait guy). But, I grabbed the 6D over the others because I'm getting way more into video...But, that doesn't help how this has killed my motivation for everyday photography, which is where I truly get my best stuff.

My plight: I want to grab an XE1 again and possibly the Fuji 35 for my stills work, but also a GH2 for video because they're very cheap now...The Fuji for video, not so great. All together, that would be close to the cost of my 6D alone given used prices. My concern is acquiring too much glass..What are the thoughts of legacy glass -- Nikkors, Canon FD, etc -- for GH2 video? I've heard concern about it being way too jittery with OIS. Thinking I could use just legacy glass on the GH2 and swap over for the occasional telephoto on my Fuji (think Nikkor AI-S 105 2.8)..

So, I guess this boils down to 3 Qs:

1) is this crazy? :)
    2) is legacy glass -- Nikkors, Canon FD, and the like -- good on the GH2 for video (only video)?
    3) if yes to 2), are they good on Fuji X?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the ramble!

2. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    Hey mate,

I have a hacked GH2 using Moon7 and Drewnet9 from Driftwood and I can tell you, it rooks, looking forward to get Moon8.

As per adapted lenses, I use Nikkor 55mm f1.2 non AI, it’s a killer, Konica 135mm f3.5 also good. See reviews from Drewnet on youtube, re:lenses, he knows what he’s talking about.

Can’t comment for your Fuji one, but can’t see why not. Also can’t see why would you use Fuji once you have GH2?

Hope that helps,

Cheers