1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GARIZ Soft Shutter Release button question.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rklepper, Jun 4, 2013.

1. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    So I see lots of people talking about this, but have never seen or used one. Who has one? How do you like it? How does it attach? What is the benefit to having one?

2. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    found this on youtube...
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoF-9s04MM]FujiFilm X10 shutter buttons - YouTube[/ame]

3. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Did you watch that before you posted it? Not much information there. I was kind of hoping on hearing from someone who had actual experience with the product.

4. duke

duke Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Tulsa, moving to Houston
    Duke
    I used a soft release similar to that on my x100 and thought that it was mainly a cosmetic add on. People will say that it's really hard to press the shutter button and that a soft release makes it so much easier, but IMO that is all just rationalizing spending money for a cosmetic accessory. If you buy it thinking it will just be cosmetic than go for it, but don't expect it to revolutionize your shooting experience.

5. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
  6. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    I was kind of wondering if it was cosmetic. I have never noticed any issues with mine, bu never having used one I have no idea what the benefits might be.

Thank

7. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
  8. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    To me, it's just another thing sticking out for you to accidentally hit.

9. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    yeah, I just realized that when I found the review thread here as the video was playing. it was a pretty terrible video as well.

I guess it's just a glue on button for us.

10. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    the video one is the X100..means it is using threaded screw in..

think for most micro 4/3rds..no way u can use this..only done so using sticker type buttons.

not bad..having used one on my EP-2..have the feel when using it.

11. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Ive used them so much that when I pick up a body without one I feel like its broken.

I think it really depends on your shooting style and how your camera fits you ergo wise.

My G5 is my first body where I dont feel like I need it. I think it works well with the smaller bodies, especially if you have larger hands, but on my G5 Im ok with or without.