Gariz Leather Neckstrap

doodalon

Mu-43 Rookie
Has anyone had any experience with these?

strap : XS-CHLSNBR »óÇ° »ó¼¼º¸±â

If you have, would you be able to tell me about the quality of it, and particularly the strength of the connecting system to the camera lugs, it looks quite flimsy and doesn't give me great confidence of hanging my camera from my neck with a strap that secures itself with a small button type connector, with a small leather ring to pop over it.

I'm planning to use it on an OMD EM5 btw if that helps. Thanks!

gsciorio

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Has anyone had any experience with these?

strap : XS-CHLSNBR »óÇ° »ó¼¼º¸±â

If you have, would you be able to tell me about the quality of it, and particularly the strength of the connecting system to the camera lugs, it looks quite flimsy and doesn't give me great confidence of hanging my camera from my neck with a strap that secures itself with a small button type connector, with a small leather ring to pop over it.

I'm planning to use it on an OMD EM5 btw if that helps. Thanks!

I have one that I discuss in my Pimp Yo Pen videos. I like it a lot. Quite comfortable and very high quality.

gsciorio

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How soft is the leather? Are we talking like a pocketbook strap, like a belt, or a very soft leather?

The pad is pretty soft but the strap itself is a bit more firm like a belt. This is not a strap for big DSLR but perfect for any m43 camera.

elduderino

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, I'd be tossing it on my E-M5. I was hoping it wouldn't be quite so stiff. I wonder if there's away to relax it a bit, other than long term use. I might buy it anyway, it looks pretty great. (like you, I have no interest in the bullet or whatever they call it aspect of the strap)

Here's a nice method to soften it, http://www.wikihow.com/Soften-a-Leather-Belt

oldracer

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hmmm .... I dunno. I would not use Vaseline or coconut/vegetable oil. The traditional method is to apply neatsfoot oil (buy at a saddle shop or, more expensive, Tandy Leather). Apply a very light coat, allow it to diffuse into the leather for at least a day (warmth helps). Repeat as necessary, but it is a lot easier to add oil than to take it out so be careful. Too much oil and your strap will mark whatever it comes into contact with.

mister_roboto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dennis
I have the black one. Heh- and I don't recommended it. Or I should say- over time I don't recommend it.

The little leather "stoppers" on the ends that attach to the lug nuts on the camera over time got loose, and run up and down the strap. The length adjust one uses a similar slip loop as well, has also loosened up over time. When they're loose, it has the tendency to come up done.

I've had the strap for quite some time- so maybe it's just worn out. I really did like it until I started having problems. It is very well made, and the pad is nice- but not to massive. I should also note- I'm a bit rough on my straps, and that probably contributed to it's condition.

gsciorio

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah, I'd be tossing it on my E-M5. I was hoping it wouldn't be quite so stiff. I wonder if there's away to relax it a bit, other than long term use. I might buy it anyway, it looks pretty great. (like you, I have no interest in the bullet or whatever they call it aspect of the strap)

Here's a nice method to soften it, How to Soften a Leather Belt: 3 Methods - wikiHow

I don't think you'd need to relax it actually. Just took a second look at it and its not too thick. I was actually thinking of using it on my OMD as I'm using my Gariz wrist strap on the Pen now.

With the Pen I would wear it all day long.

Also the inside of the strap is suede.

Latest threads

Top Bottom