Gariz half case for EM1 mkii doesn't fit EM1 mkiii?

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
Just upgraded from the Olympus OMD EM1 mkii to the mkiii. All my acessories that fit the mkii fit the mkiii with the exception of the Gariz half case I received last year as a gift. It seems to fit perfectly with one problem. The battery door won't pop open. I've tried attaching the case with the battery door open and it seems to be free of any problems but it's as if something was blocking the spring on the battery door? With the battery door open I can push the door and it closes but won't catch the locking point. Confused and hoping there is a simple fix.

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was able to find a friends Really Right Stuff plate and mounted the EM1 mkiii and no door issues with that, so it's got to be the Gariz.

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Found one on ebay and the salesperson said there are separate products and the mkii was different on the mkiii. i'll keep you guys posted. Wish me luck! Turns out my brother bougt the mkii from him or her and I sent it in for them to possibly give me a big discount.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom